Program Director - Anna Nelson
|Units||Cost per Unit||Average Completion Time|
DrPH Health Education (Available Online)
The Doctor of Public Health in Health Education is designed for individuals who desire to add depth to their health education specialization and develop research, writing, professionalism, management and leadership capabilities. The emphasis in health education offers advanced knowledge and competencies in the health education process and includes planning and evaluation of health behavior change, advocacy and communication, and critical analysis.
The program emphasizes the practice of healthful lifestyle behaviors and community health education. The online technology-mediated format is targeted toward working professionals and requires specific hardware and software specifications.
The curriculum consists of synchronous learning, online courses, blended courses, and a visit to the campus during the research process for defenses of proposals, dissertation, and graduation. Students are also welcomed to take a course or two on-campus during the summer months.
The DrPH in Health Education is designed to provide advanced knowledge, skills and research capacity. Graduates are prepared for university level teaching and planning, as well as the management and evaluation of health education programs domestically and globally.
Individually planned and mentored, this program requires a master’s degree in public health or a related field. Graduates are typically employed in leadership roles in government, private, or academic settings.
The program prepares you from day one for competent public health practice in any setting.
–O'Neal Malcolm, DrPH Health Education student
Upon completion of the Dr.P.H. degree in Health Education, you will be able to:
• Conduct health education research and evaluation utilizing basic statistical concepts.
• Generate health-related educational training/curricular materials and conduct professional seminars and training programs.
• Promote and assist in the development of grant-writing proposals and applications for community-based health education research.
• Creatively apply theoretical concepts and models to educational program design in the development of health education interventions.
• Demonstrate educational leadership skills, policy development, and strategic planning for organizations and agencies.
• Write and submit manuscripts to professional journals for publication.
Possible Jobs: University Professor, County Health Director, Grant Manager