If you have any questions about the application process, please contact the School of Public Health Office of Admissions and Academic Records at 909-558-1600 extension 88776 or via email@example.com.
LLUSPH is proud to be a SOPHAS participating school. SOPHAS accepts applications and supporting documents on behalf of Loma Linda University School of Public Health. Visit the SOPHAS FAQ for more information.
To apply, create a SOPHAS account, complete the online SOPHAS application form, select Loma Linda University, and choose your program of study.
You will need the following materials when applying:
Master's degree program requirements
- Three letters of recommendation – At least one should be from a professor who knows your academic work. Please do not ask a relative or friend. Recommendation forms can be prepared online.
- Personal statement – Follow the instructions on SOPHAS.
- Official academic records/transcripts – Please request these from all post-secondary schools you have attended, to be submitted directly to SOPHAS.
Doctoral degree program requirements
- An MPH degree or master's degree in a related field from a regionally accredited institution, with a G.P.A. of 3.5 or above. Applicants with a master's degree in another field may indicate their relevant training, research and/or practice experience, or educational background comparable to the MPH or the MS degrees. DrPH degree applicants admitted without an MPH are required to take the public health core (PCOR) course sequence for 15 units prior to registering for the doctoral level core public health courses to satisfy MPH core competencies.
- Satisfactory performance on GRE or equivalent is required (exam taken within the past five years). Although we do not have a minimum GRE score requirement, competitive scores range in the 40th percentile or higher in each of the three sections of the GRE (verbal, quantitative and writing).
- Religious affiliation is not a requirement; students are expected to adhere to on-campus requirements of modest dress, abstinence from alcohol and smoking, and attendance at weekly chapel, as applicable.
Applicants must satisfy the program-specific admission requirements, including but not limited to prerequisite courses and years of experience. Admissions decisions are based on a review of applicant's transcripts, written statement, professional experience, letters of recommendation, GRE scores or equivalent, and interviews. Satisfying minimum requirements dos not guarantee admission.
Loma Linda University will accept all official documents submitted to SOPHAS, with one exception: official transcripts. We do not need official transcripts until your application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee and you have been accepted (International applicants who must have ALL requirements received before acceptance). For admissions decisions, we will work with the documents you provided for SOPHAS.
After we have made an admissions decision and you have received a “letter of acceptability” letting you know that your application was successful, it will be time to request official academic records/transcripts from all educational institutions you attended since high school. Ask your university/college to send the record or transcript directly to:
Loma Linda University
11139 Anderson Street
Loma Linda, CA 92350, USA
- Once we have received all official documents, you will have completed the application process.
Complete the LLU Supplemental Application
Once your application has been reviewed and verified by SOPHAS, it will then be forwarded to the school's you have designated. Once your application is received from SOPHAS, you will receive an email with instructions and a link to the supplemental application from Loma Linda University.
When you open the Supplemental Application, you will find it is populated with the information you provided for SOPHAS. Check the application carefully and complete the new fields.
An application fee of $50 (US) is required.
Rolling admissions each quarter. Contact our admissions office with questions.
Summer – April 13
Fall – July 20
Winter – October 27
Spring – January 25
Fall term start only
Fall – February 15