Careers in Public Health is a three-day summer program offered by the Loma Linda University School of Public Health. This year CiPH will be hosted virtually Sunday, June 27, 2021, from 9 AM to 4 PM (PST, exact times subject to change). CiPH offers participants a hands-on look at different careers in public health directly from professionals who practice it. All participants in the CiPH program will receive a $5000 scholarship toward a Master's Degree program offered by the Loma Linda University School of Public Health.*
Our next Careers in Public Health will take place Sunday, June 27, 2021 from 9AM-4PM (PST).
Who is eligible for CiPH? All individuals 18-30 or older who are curious about a career in public health are eligible to participate.
Schedule of events
9:00-9:10 AM - Welcome, introductions, and orientation to the day
9:10-9:50 AM - Wellness coaching
9:50-9:55 AM - Break Activity, Practicum: LLUSPH Practicum Handout
9:55-10:35 AM - Healthcare
10:35-10:45 AM - Break Activity, Spirituality
10:45-11:25 AM - Population Medicine
11:25-11:30 AM - Break Activity, Stretching
11:30-12:10 PM - Nutrition
- Navigating through COVID-19.pdf
- Healthy Eating during COVID-19.pdf
- Nutrition and Immune Health.pdf
- Building Community through Nutrition.pdf
- Grocery shopping during COVID-19.pdf
12:10- 12:40 PM - Lunch Break
12:45-12:55 PM - GIS supporting Public Health
12:55-1:40 PM - Global Health
1:40-1:45 PM - Break Activity, Wholeness
1:45-2:25 PM - Epidemiology
2:25-2:30 PM - Break Activity: Stretching
2:30-2:45 PM - Community Science
2:45-3:00 PM - Thank you, Wrap Up, Giveaways
3:00-3:05 PM - "Afterglow" with attendees
Check out a recap of our (2019) on-campus Careers in Public Health:
Check what participants had to say!
CIPH 2018 Program
Careers in Public Health (CIPH) is a hands-on experience into the many fields public health has to offer. Participants spend three days working closely with public health professionals from the Loma Linda University School of Public Health. The program may include:
- Running through a Zika outbreak scenario in our health care simulation lab
- Conducting surveys of local communities looking at infrastructure and demographics. Discuss possible health improvements for those communities with professionals.
- Collecting and testing water samples for quality. Examining the contents of the air we breathe, right alongside Environmental health scientists.
- Experiencing the basics of Epidemiology by using our lab of Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Learning how government policies can take research findings from the lab to tangible changes that impact the health of individuals, communities and systems.
- Debating current issues in health, policies and the environment.
Through CIPH, you will not only be exposed to the school of public health, but everything else that Loma Linda University has to offer. We are the only faith-based school of public health in California and we thrive on a diversity of thought, culture and worldviews.
*Must be present at all sessions for the Careers in Public Health event to receive $5000 scholarship. The scholarship is distributed over the first three quarters of your degree program.
**Certain restrictions may apply. Students currently enrolled at Loma Linda University School of Public Health and/or previous Careers in Public Health attendees are not eligible to apply.
Join us on June 27, 2021