LLU promotes a “learning” environment, instead of the traditional “teaching” environment, by engaging students using real life scenarios to supplement the course objectives.
Program Director - Huma Shah
|Units||Cost per Unit||LLU Quarterly Fee||Average Completion Time|
MHA - Master in Healthcare Administration
Since our accreditation as a School of Public Health in 1967, Healthcare Administration has been one of the underlining areas of education, practice and research. Be a part of a legacy bridging the gap between populations and their health.
Why choose Loma Linda University School of Public Health’s Master’s in Healthcare Program?
- Strong curriculum that prepares you to successfully manage and lead in a variety of healthcare delivery systems while understanding public health and population health principles
- Experienced Faculty and Healthcare Executives who provide relevant and cutting edge case based learning into the virtual classroom with intermittent “live sessions”
- Individualized leadership and coaching opportunities
- Small faculty to student ratio allowing for a more meaningful and enriching discussions
- Increased networking opportunities via our partner organizations including the American College of Healthcare Executives national and local chapters
- CEPH accredited Program and a partner of the non-profit global network of colleges and institutions, Association of University Programs in Healthcare Administration (AUPHA)
- A built in practicum/culminating project that provides you with opportunities to master program competencies
Who would benefit from this program?
Clinical professionals and mid-career leaders looking to advance their careers
Individuals with exposure to the health care field and some relevant work experience
Recent undergraduate students with an interest in health care administration
To our LLUH Employees:
Earn an ONLINE Master’s Degree in Healthcare Administration for nearly half the cost!
As part of the Loma Linda University Health (LLUH) network, we have a wonderful opportunity for our LLUH employees where you can earn a Master’s in healthcare administration degree online at nearly HALF of the original cost of the Program using your tuition benefits along with an additional 30% partnership discount!
For those who are interested in advancing their career, the Online Master’s in Healthcare Administration is designed to prepare you to effectively communicate, motivate and lead teams, think strategically while having a strong command on industry trends and understand financial management and key metric for success.
We understand how busy you can be as a working professional, so our online program will give you the flexibility you need to earn your degree at your own pace.
50 years of Healthcare Administration Experience
Loma Linda University Health is continually recognized for excellence in health care administration. As the school of public health, we’ve been committed to providing the best education in healthcare administration for 50 years.
As a future health care leader, you’ll need to be innovative, flexible and work across disciplines. Loma Linda University is a world-renowned health sciences university which means that you’ll be within walking distance of the Medical Center and 6 other schools focused on health disciplines (Nursing, Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Behavioral Health, and Allied Health Professions).
Working Toward Your Career Goals
According to the US Bureau of Labor and Statistics, by the year 2024 jobs for healthcare managers will grow by 17%.
With an emphasis on data analytics and population health, our MHA program focuses on leading and managing healthcare organizations. Whether on or off our campus, there are ample opportunities to apply the principles learned in the classroom by completing a practicum experience in a health care environment. For new healthcare students, this puts you in a position to graduate with a relevant degree and 800-hours of experience for your resume.
Already a Healthcare Professional?
The hours required for your practicum may be reduced if you have relevant experience in healthcare management or a clinical degree. This means your current job in a health care setting (hospital, clinic, insurance company, or dental practice) may serve to fulfill your practicum requirement with an applied practical project. Take your experience as a clinician and add management theory and skills to lead your teams in any setting. Students enrolled in a clinical degree (MD, DDS, etc) will have 400 hours of the requirement waived.
Field Placement Settings for 2016-2017 MBA in Health Care Administration Students
- State, provincial, or regional government in the same country as the program – 1 student
- City, county, or other local government in the same country as the program –4 students
- Nonprofit/NGOs internationally oriented – 1 student
- Private sector, Healthcare Organizations, domestic –18 students
- Total –24 students
*The starting cohort is from the 2008-2009 academic year which reflects the ‘Maximum Time to Graduate’ of 5 years and the completion rate within that time frame.
**This number is based on 27 graduates. Three hiring locations/dates are unknown. 22 graduates were hired within health care of the known information within 3 months of graduation.
Employment Settings of Healthcare Administration Graduates from 2013-2017:
|Employment Setting||% of graduates|
|Employed outside of Health Care||13%|
|Medical Clinic or Physician Practice||5.1%|
|Long-term Care of Home Health Agency||3%|
|Other - General||2%|
|Further education (including Med school)||1.1%|
|Military or VA||1%|
|Association, foundation or voluntary agency||1%|