I went into the DrPH program in Epidemiology with the intention of honing my research skills. I was able to not only expand my skillset in research and epidemiologic methods, but also feel confident that I can be a leader in public health epidemiology. The School of Public Health is a very unique place with wonderful faculty who invest in your success.
This program will prepare Doctor of Public Health graduates for career options, including public health practice, teaching, and epidemiological research. The program is 62 units and the average time frame is 3-5 years. Students are responsible for gaining the commitment of an appropriate faculty member to serve as their research mentor.
Upon completion of the Dr.P.H. degree in Epidemiology, you will be able to:
- Design appropriate studies or epidemiologic investigations to answer important health-related questions about the disease, health distribution, or determinants.
- Analyze complex data using appropriate statistical methods and computer software resources to answer epidemiological questions.
- Interpret public health information from epidemiologic field investigations and propose recommendations for control and prevention.
- Effectively communicate epidemiologic science to the scientific community and the public to advance the field and promote public health.
- Critically review and interpret public health and other scientific literature in a public health area, identify gaps in evidence and propose further epidemiologic investigation.