Check out last years, 2017, Careers in Public Health! Watch the promotional video for CIPH 2017
Careers in Public Health is a three-day summer program offered by the Loma Linda University School of Public Health. CIPH offers participants a hands-on look at different careers in public health directly from professionals who practice it.
Who is eligible for CIPH? All individuals 18-30 who are curious about a career in public health are eligible to participate. A $150 application fee is required. All meals, activities and materials are covered in that fee. Each individual is responsible for their own travel and accommodations during the length of the program. Travel and accommodations are not paid for by the Loma Linda University School of Public Health.
CIPH 2018 Program
Careers in Public Health (CIPH) is a hands-on experience into the many fields public health has to offer. Participants spend three days working closely with public health professionals from the Loma Linda University School of Public Health. The program may include:
- Running through a Zika outbreak scenario in our health care simulation lab
- Conducting surveys of local communities looking at infrastructure and demographics. Discuss possible health improvements for those communities with professionals.
- Collecting and testing water samples for quality. Examining the contents of the air we breathe, right alongside Environmental health scientists.
- Experiencing the basics of Epidemiology by using our lab of Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Learning how government policies can take research findings from the lab to tangible changes that impact the health of individuals, communities and systems.
- Debating current issues in health, policies and the environment.
Through CIPH, you will not only be exposed to the school of public health, but everything else that Loma Linda University has to offer. We are the only faith-based school of public health in California and we thrive on a diversity of thought, culture and worldviews.
*Certain restrictions may apply. Students currently enrolled at Loma Linda University School of Public Health and/or previous Careers in Public Health attendees are not eligible to apply.