Careers in Public Health is a three-day summer program offered by the Loma Linda University School of Public Health. This year due to COVID- 19 CIPH be hosted virtually Sunday, July 26, 2020 from 9 AM to 4 PM (PST, exact times subject to change) please stay tuned for more details. CIPH offers participants a hands-on look at different careers in public health directly from professionals who practice it. All participants in the CIPH program will receive a $5000 scholarship toward a Master's Degree program offered by the Loma Linda University School of Public Health.*
Check out a recap of last year's on (2019) on campus Careers in Public Health:
Check what participants had to say!
Our next Careers in Public Health will take place Sunday, July 26, 2020 from 9AM-4PM (PST).
Who is eligible for CIPH? All individuals 18-30 or older who are curious about a career in public health are eligible to participate.
CIPH 2018 Program
Careers in Public Health (CIPH) is a hands-on experience into the many fields public health has to offer. Participants spend three days working closely with public health professionals from the Loma Linda University School of Public Health. The program may include:
- Running through a Zika outbreak scenario in our health care simulation lab
- Conducting surveys of local communities looking at infrastructure and demographics. Discuss possible health improvements for those communities with professionals.
- Collecting and testing water samples for quality. Examining the contents of the air we breathe, right alongside Environmental health scientists.
- Experiencing the basics of Epidemiology by using our lab of Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Learning how government policies can take research findings from the lab to tangible changes that impact the health of individuals, communities and systems.
- Debating current issues in health, policies and the environment.
Through CIPH, you will not only be exposed to the school of public health, but everything else that Loma Linda University has to offer. We are the only faith-based school of public health in California and we thrive on a diversity of thought, culture and worldviews.
*Must be present at all sessions for the Careers in Public Health event.
**Certain restrictions may apply. Students currently enrolled at Loma Linda University School of Public Health and/or previous Careers in Public Health attendees are not eligible to apply.