Being a part of this program has afforded me the opportunity to build the foundation of my future through the skills and knowledge that the school has branded its reputation around.
The MPH in Epidemiology program provides theoretical and practical training applicable to a variety of public health issues. Although epidemiology is a relatively young discipline, this collection of investigative methods has become an integral part of public health, as epidemiological findings permeate all fields of human health.
Our Epidemiology program is designed for individuals interested in a career studying the relationship of risk factors to a variety of disease outcomes (e.g., the effect of nutrients, inactivity, stress, high blood pressure, environmental exposure, obesity, or immunologic characteristics on heart disease, cancer, osteoporosis, longevity, infectious diseases, reproductive outcome, etc.).
The efficacy and confirmed success of epidemiology promises an exciting future for those who meet the challenges of this advancing science.
Program Director - David Shavlik
Sign up for more information
Upon completion of the MPH in Epidemiology, you will be able to:
- Assist in design and implementation of health research studies - including formulating research questions, appropriate study design, data collection, statistical analyses, interpretation, and reporting of results.
- Collaborate with or serve as a research consultant to health professionals.
- Be familiar with disease surveillance and response, and with basic screening theory.
- Critically review the health literature.
- Have experience with contemporary advancements in epidemiological methods.