Offered On-campus and Online.
The MPH in Epidemiology program provides theoretical and practical training applicable to a variety of public health issues. Although epidemiology is a relatively young discipline, this collection of investigative methods has become an integral part of public health, as epidemiological findings permeate all fields of human health.
Our Epidemiology program is designed for individuals interested in a career studying the relationship of risk factors to a variety of disease outcomes (e.g., the effect of nutrients, inactivity, stress, high blood pressure, environmental exposure, obesity, or immunologic characteristics on heart disease, cancer, osteoporosis, longevity, infectious diseases, reproductive outcome, etc.).
The efficacy and confirmed success of epidemiology promise an exciting future for those who meet the challenges of this advancing science.
LLU Master’s and Doctoral programs in Epidemiology (CIP code – 26.1309) are designed by U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) as a STEM degree.
- International students who maintain F-1 visa status will qualify to apply for the 24-month STEM OPT Extension at the end of the 12 month period of post-completion Optional Practical Training (OPT) if they:
- Have successfully earned an MPH and/or DrPH in Epidemiology from LLU
- Are working for an employer who meets the requirements for STEM OPT Employer Responsibilities
- Submit form I-765 on USCIS within the designated period.
- F-1 students who are approved for OPT and/or STEM OPT Extension will obtain employment authorization from USCIS and are legally allowed to remain in the U.S. post-graduation to engage in practical work experience that is directly related to their Epidemiology degree.