Careers in Public Health
Thank you to all 30 people who have registered for the first annual Careers in Public Health. At this time, registration is closed. If you would like to be placed on a waitling list for this years program or learn about CIPH 2018 please email Stephen Sledge, LLUSPH Assistant Director for Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Careers in Public Health is a three-day summer program from July 30-August 2, 2017 offered by the Loma Linda University School of Public Health. CIPH offers 30 participants a hands-on look at different careers in public health directly from professionals who practice it.
Who is eligible for CIPH? All individuals 18-30 who are curious about a career in public health are eligible to participate. A $150 application fee is required. All meals, activities and materials are covered in that fee. Each individual is responsible for their own travel and accommodations during the length of the program. Travel and accommodations are not paid for by the Loma Linda University School of Public Health.
Careers in Public Health (CIPH) is a hands-on experience into the many fields public health has to offer. From July 30-August 2, 2017, thirty participants will spend three days working closely with public health professionals from the Loma Linda University School of Public Health. The program includes:
- Running through a Zika outbreak scenario in our health care simulation lab
- Conducting surveys of local communities looking at infrastructure and demographics. Discuss possible health improvements for those communities with professionals.
- Collecting and testing water samples for quality. Examining the contents of the air we breathe, right alongside Environmental health scientists.
- Experiencing the basics of Epidemiology by using our lab of Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Learning how government policies can take research findings from the lab to tangible changes that impact the health of individuals, communities and systems.
- Debating current issues in health, policies and the environment.
All thirty participants in the program will receive a $5000 scholarship toward a Master of Public Health Degree at the Loma Linda University School of Public Health. $5000 scholarship is contingent upon full participation and completion of all three days of the Careers in Public Health program.
Through CIPH, you will not only be exposed to the school of public health, but everything else that Loma Linda University has to offer. We are the only faith-based school of public health in California and we thrive on a diversity of thought, culture and worldviews.
*Certain restrictions may apply
**Program subject to change