2016 Grant Writing Workshop: LLUH Faculty Edition
September 19-20, 2016 come discover novel funding opportunities and develop your grant writing skills for winning applications! Identifying sources of – and securing – extramural funding is critical to supporting research, capital development, community interventions, continuing education, and other innovative programs. Space is limited, so register now! This event will sell out!
This 2-day course will lead participants in developing fundamental skills required to research potential funding sources, communicate with them, and write successful proposals requesting grants. This workshop removes the mystery around successful grant submissions. Participants will be provided with time-proven strategies, tactics, practical skills and tools necessary to craft winning applications. Hear from guest speakers who specialize in proposal evaluations at funding organizations! Novice and experienced grant writers alike will find this program thought-provoking and brimming with tips that will give your proposal an edge in today’s increasingly competitive funding environment.
About the Instructor
Highly experienced and skilled grant writer Albin Grohar, PhD, is Executive Director for Advancement at Loma Linda University. Dr. Grohar oversees all fundraising activities for the University, and is part of a team that generates up to $28 million annually. Dr. Grohar also implements and coordinates grant writing, foundation, and corporate relations activities for LLU and LLUMC. His work in this area has generated over $50 million in the past 15 years.
Specific Topics Include
- Effective funding source research
- Discerning “suspects” and true grant prospects
- Private sector funding patterns
- Approaching and communicating with potential funding sources
- Proposal expectations – 10 crucial questions
- Proposal writing: concept and style
- Writing goals and objectives
- Grant award/denial follow-up
- During this course attendees will develop skills necessary to:
- Research potential funding sources
- Communicate with potential funding sources
- Write competitive proposals requesting grants
Who Should Attend?
- Education and Research Personnel
- Executive directors
- Directors of development
- Grant writers
- Financial officers
- Human services officers
- Researchers and health care professionals
- Communication specialists
Continuing Professional Education
13.0 Continuing Education Hours are available for CHES and CPH.
Room 2011, Nichol Hall, School of Public Health
24941 North Circle Drive, Lome Linda, CA 92354
LLUH Staff Development 909-558-3500.