Bibliography of health-related research studies among Seventh-day Adventists
1. Hardinge MG, Stare FJ: Nutritional studies of vegetarians. I. Nutritional, physical, and labo-ratory studies. Am J Clin Nutr 1954; 2:73-82. See the abstract
2. Hardinge MG, Stare FJ: Nutritional studies of vegetarians. II. Dietary and serum levels of cholesterol. Am J Clin Nutr 1954; 2:83-88. See the abstract
3. Hardinge MG, Chambers AC, Crooks H, Stare FJ: Nutritional studies of vegetarians. III. Dietary levels of fiber. Am J Clin Nutr 1958; 6:523-525. See the abstract
4. Wynder EL, Lemon FR: Cancer, coronary artery disease, and smoking: A preliminary report on differences in incidence between Seventh-day Adventists and others. Calif Med 1958; 89:267-272. See the abstract
5. Downs RA, Dunn MM, Richie EL: Report of dental findings of Seventh-day Adventists as compared to comparable students in other schools. Bull Amer Assoc Pub Health Dent 1958; 18:19-21.
6. Wynder EL, Lemon FR, Bross IJ: Cancer and coronary artery disease among Seventh-day Adventists. Cancer 1959; 12:1016-1028. See the abstract
7. Donnelly CJ: A comparative study of caries experience in Adventists and other children. Public Health Rep 1961; 76:209-212.
8. Hardinge MG, Crooks H, Stare FJ: Nutritional studies of vegetarians. IV. Dietary fatty acids and serum cholesterol levels. Am J Clin Nutr 1962; 10:516-524. See the abstract
9. Dysinger PW, Lemon FR, Crenshaw GL, Walden RT: Pulmonary emphysema in a non-smoking population. Dis Chest 1963; 43:17-26.
10. Larsson E, Webb AT: Cancer survey: Experiences in mass screening of cervical smears. Obstet Gynecol 1963; 22:630-635.
11. Hardinge MG, Crooks H. Non-Flesh Dietaries. I. Historical Background. J Am Dietet Assoc 1963; 43:545-9.
12. Hardinge MG, Crooks H. Non-Flesh Dietaries. II. Scientific Literature. J Am Dietet Assoc 1963; 43:550-8.
13. Hardinge MG, Crooks H. Non-Flesh Dietaries. III. Adequate and Inadequate. J Am Dietet Assoc 1963; 45:537-42.
14. Walden RT, Shaefer LE, Lemon FR, Sunshine A, Wynder EL: Effect of environment on the serum cholesterol-triglyceride distribution among Seventh-day Adventists. Am J Med 1964; 36:269-276. See the abstract
15. Lemon FR, Walden RT, Woods RW: Cancer of the lung and mouth in Seventh-day Adventists: A preliminary report on a population study. Cancer 1964; 17:486-497.
16. Wynder EL, Lemon FR, Mantel N: Epidemiology of persistent cough. Am Rev Resp Dis 1965; 91:679-700.
17. Hardinge MG, Crooks H, Stare FJ: Nutritional studies of vegetarians. V. Proteins and essential amino acids. J Am Diet Assoc 1966; 48:25-28. See the abstract
18. Lemon FR, Walden RT: Death from respiratory system disease among Seventh-day Adventist men. JAMA 1966; 198-117-126. See the abstract
19. Glass RL, Hayden J: Dental Caries in Seventh-day Adventist Children. J Dent Child 1966; 33:22-23.
20. Holmes CB, Quade D, Collier D. Comparative study of nine variables for Seventh-day Adventist and non-Adventist teenagers. J Dent Res 1967;46(4):650-5. See the abstract
21. Marsh AG, Ford DL, Christensen DK. Metabolic Response of Adolescent Girls to a Lacto-Ovo-Vegetarian Diet. J Am Diet Assn 1967; 51:441-6.
22. Mozar HN, Farag SA, Andren HE, Peters JR: The mental health of Seventh-day Adventists. Med Arts Sci 1967; 21:59-66. See the abstract
23. West RO, Hayes OB: Diet and serum cholesterol levels: A comparison between vegetarians and nonvegetarians in a Seventh-day Adventist group. Am J Clin Nutr 1968; 21:853-862. See the abstract
24. Amundsen W. Experience of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in North America. Am Ann Deaf 1968;113(4):896-7.
25. Lemon FR, Kuzma JW: A biologic cost of smoking: Decreased life expectancy. Arch Environ Health 1969; 18:950-955. See the abstract
26. Cohen CA, Hudson AR, Clausen JL, Knelson JH: Respiratory symptoms, spirometry, and oxidant air pollution in nonsmoking adults. Am Rev Respir Dis 1972; 105:251-261. See the abstract
27. Starr P. Hypercholesterolemia in School Children: A Preliminary Report. Amer J Clin Path 1971;56:515-22.
28. Dysinger PW: Traffic accidents and human ecology. Med Arts and Sciences 1972; 26:27-41.
29. Kuzma JW, Dysinger PW, Strutz P, Abbey D: Nonfatal traffic accidents in relation to biographical, psychological, and religious factors. Accid Anal Prev 1973; 5:55-65.
30. Armstrong BK, Davis RE, Nicol DJ, Van Merwyk AJ, Larwood CJ: Hematological, vitamin B12, and folate studies on Seventh-day Adventist vegetarians. Am J Clin Nutr 1974; 27:712-718. See the abstract
31. Phillips RL: Role of lifestyle and dietary habits in risk of cancer among Seventh-day Adventists. Cancer Res 1975; 35(Suppl):3513-3522. See the abstract
32. Ruys J, Hickie JB: Serum cholesterol and triglyceride levels in Australian adolescent vegetarians. Br Med J 1976; 2:87. See the abstract
33. Phillips RL, Kuzma JW: Estimating major nutrient intake from self-administered food frequency questionnaires. (Abstract) Am J Epidemiol 1976; 104:354-355. See the abstract
34. Taylor CB, Allen ES, Mikkelson B, Ho K: Serum cholesterol levels of Seventh-day Adventists. Arterial Wall 1976; 3:175-179. See the abstract
35. Walker AR. Colon cancer and diet, with special reference to intakes of fat and fiber. Am J Clin Nutr 1976;29(12):1417-26. See the abstract
36. Phillips RL, Kuzma JW: Rationale and method for an epidemiologic study of cancer among Seventh-day Adventists. Natl Cancer Inst Monogr 1977; 47:107-112. See the abstract
37. Armstrong B, Van Merwyk AJ, Coates H: Blood pressure in Seventh-day Adventist vegetarians. Am J Epidemiol 1977; 105:444-449. See the abstract
38. Goldberg MJ, Smith JW, Nichols RL: Comparison of the fecal microflora of Seventh-day Adventists with individuals consuming a general diet: Implications concerning colonic carcinoma. Ann Surg 1977; 186:97-100. See the abstract
39. Finegold SM, Sutter VL, Sugihara PT, Elder HA, Lehmann SM, Phillips RL: Fecal microbial flora in Seventh-day Adventist populations and control subjects. Am J Clin Nutr 1977; 30:1781-1792. See the abstract
40. Phillips RL, Lemon FR, Beeson WL, Kuzma JW: Coronary heart disease mortality among Seventh-day Adventists with differing dietary habits: A preliminary report. Am J Clin Nutr 1978; 32(Suppl):S191-S198. See the abstract
41. MacDonald IA, Webb GR, Mahony DE: Fecal hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase activities in vegetarian Seventh-day Adventists, control subjects, and bowel cancer patients. Am J Clin Nutr 1978; 31(Suppl):S233-S238. See the abstract
42. Finegold SM, Sutter VL: Fecal flora in different populations, with special reference to diet. Am J Clin Nutr 1978; 31(Suppl):S116-S122. See the abstract
43. Simons LA, Gibson JC, Paino C, Hosking M, Bullock J, Trim J: The influence of a wide range of absorbed cholesterol on plasma cholesterol levels in man. Am J Clin Nutr 1978; 31:1334-1339. See the abstract
44. Trahms CM, Larson LD, Worthington BS (int. by Monsen ER): Dietary intakes and growth of Seventh-day Adventist preschool children. (Abstract) Am J Clin Nutr 1978; 31:720. See the abstract
45. Webster IW, Rawson GK: Health status of Seventh-day Adventists. Med J Aust 1979; 1:417-420. See the abstract
46. Berkel J: The Clean Life: Some Aspects of Nutritional and Health Status of Seventh-day Adventists in the Netherlands. Amsterdam, Netherlands, 1979, Drukkerij Insulinde.
47. Smith S, Shultz T, Ross J, Leklem J: Nutrition and cancer attitudes and knowledge of Seventh-day Adventists. (Abstract) Fed Proc 1979; 38:713. See the abstract
48. Enstrom JE: Cancer mortality among low-risk populations. CA--A Cancer Journal for Clinicians 1979; 29:352-361. See the abstract
49. Armstrong B, Clarke H, Martin C, Ward W, Norman N, Masarei J: Urinary sodium and blood pressure in vegetarians. Am J Clin Nutr 1979;32:2472-6. See the abstract
50. Simons L, Gibson J, Jones A, Bain, D: Health Status of Seventh-day Adventists. (Letter to the Editor) The Med J of Australia 1979; 2:148. See the abstract
51. Bachrach S, Fisher J, Parks JS. An outbreak of vitamin D deficiency rickets in a susceptible population. Pediatrics 1979;64(6):871-7. See the abstract
52. Gori GB. Dietary and nutritional implica-tions in the multifactorial etiology of certain prevalent human cancers. Cancer 1979;43(5 Suppl):2151-61. See the abstract
53. Marsh AG, Sanchez TV, Mickelsen O, Keiser J, Mayor G: Cortical bone density of adult lacto-ovo-vegetarian and omnivorous women. J Am Diet Assoc 1980; 76:148-151. See the abstract
54. Phillips RL: Cancer among Seventh-day Ad-ventists. J Environ Pathol Toxicol 1980; 3:157-169.
55. Phillips RL, Kuzma JW, Lotz TM: Cancer mortality among comparable members versus non-members of the Seventh-day Adventist church. In: Cancer Incidence in Defined Populations (Banbury Report 4; Cairns J, Lyon JL, Skolnick M, eds). New York, 1980, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory. pp. 93-108.
56. Phillips RL, Garfinkel L, Kuzma JW, Beeson WL, Lotz TL, Brin B: Mortality among California Seventh-day Adventists for selected cancer sites. JNCI 1980; 65:1097-1107. See the abstract
57. Phillips RL, Kuzma JW, Beeson WL, Lotz T: Influence of selection versus lifestyle on risk of fatal cancer and cardiovascular disease among Seventh-day Adventists. Am J Epidemiol 1980; 112:296-314.
58. Reddy BS, Sharma C, Darby L, Laakso K, Wynder EL: Metabolic epidemiology of large bowel cancer. Fecal mutagens in high- and low-risk population for colon cancer: A preliminary report. Mutat Res 1980; 72:511-522. See the abstract
59. Reddy BS, Sharma C, Wynder E: Fecal factors which modify the formation of fecal co-mutagens in high- and low-risk population for colon cancer. Cancer Letters 1980; 10:123-132. See the abstract
60. Kondo AT: Belief systems and health status. Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Texas at Galveston, 1980. (Available from University Microfilms International, Ann Arbor, Michigan). See the abstract
61. Harris RD, Phillips RL, Williams PM, Kuzma JW, Fraser GE: The child-adolescent blood pressure study: I. Distribution of blood pressure levels in Seventh-day Adventist (SDA) and non-SDA children. Am J Public Health 1981; 71:1342-1349. See the abstract
62. Fraser GE, Swannell RJ: Diet and serum cholesterol in Seventh-day Adventists: A cross-sectional study showing significant relationships. J Chron Dis 1981; 34:487-501. See the abstract
63. Insel PM, Fraser GE, Phillips RL, Williams PM: Psychosocial factors and blood pressure in children. J Psychosom Res 1981; 25:505-511. See the abstract
64. Kuzma JW, Beeson WL: The relationship of lifestyle characteristics to mortality among California Seventh-day Adventists. Proceedings of the 19th National Meeting of the Public Health Conference on Records and Statistics, DHHS Publication No. (PHS) 81-1214, 1981.
65. Waaler H, Hjort PF: Hoyere levealder hos norske adventister 1960-1977: Et budskap om livsstil og helse? Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 101:623-627, 1981. (Translated to English: Low mortality among Norwegian Seventh-day Adven-tists 1960-1977: A message on lifestyle and health?). See the abstract
66. Nestel PJ, Billington T, Smith B. Low Density and High Density Lipoprotein Kinetics and Sterol Balance in Vegetarians. Metabolism 1981; 30:941-5. See the abstract
67. Shultz TD: Comparative nutrient intake and biochemical interrelationships among healthy vegetarian and nonvegetarian Seventh-day Adven-tists, nonvegetarians, and hormone-dependent cancer subjects. Diss Abstr Int 1981; 41:4068-B. See the abstract
68. Fraser GE, Jacobs DR Jr, Anderson JT, Foster N, Palta M, Blackburn H: The effect of various vegetable supplements on serum cholesterol. Am J Clin Nutr 1981; 34:1272-1277. See the abstract
69. Sanchez A, Kissinger DG, Phillips RL: A hypothesis on the etiological role of diet on age of menarche. Med Hypothesis 1981; 7:1339-1345. See the abstract
70. Armstrong BK, Brown JB, Clarke HT, Crooke DK, Hahnel R, Masarei JR, Ratajczak T: Diet and reproductive hormones: A study of vegetarian and nonvegetarian postmenopausal women. JNCI 1981; 67:761-767. See the abstract
71. Shultz TD, Leklem JE: Urinary 4-pyridoxic acid, urinary vitamin B6 and plasma pyridoxal phosphate as measures of vitamin B6 status and dietary intake in adults. In: Methods in Vitamin
B6 Nutrition: Analysis and Status Assessment (Leklem JE, Reynolds RD, eds). New York, 1981, Plenum Press. pp 297-320. See the abstract
72. Editorial: Health and longevity among Seventh-day Adventists. Sth African Med J 1981; 59:925. See the abstract
73. Anderson BM, Gibson RS, Sabry JH: The iron and zinc status of long-term vegetarian women. Am J Clin Nutr 1981; 34:1042-1048. See the abstract
74. Gray GE, Williams P, Gerkins V, Brown JB, Armstrong B, Phillips RL, Casagrande JT, Pike MC, Henderson BE: Diet and hormone levels in Seventh-day Adventist girls. Prev Med 1982; 11:103-107. See the abstract
75. Snowdon DA, Phillips RL, Kuzma JW: Age at baptism into the Seventh-day Adventist Church and risk of death due to ischemic heart disease -A preliminary report. In: Environmental Effects on Maturation (Banbury Report No.11; Hunt VR, Smith MK, Worth D, eds). New York, 1982, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory. pp 465-472. See the abstract
76. Turjman N, Guidry C, Jaeger B, Mendeloff AI, Calkins B, Phillips RL, Nair PP: Fecal bile-acids and neutral sterols in Seventh-day Adventists and the general population in California. In: Colon and Nutrition (Falk Symposium 32; Kasper H, Goebell H, eds). Lancaster, England, 1982, MTP Press, Ltd. pp 291-297. See the abstract
77. Rouse IL, Armstrong BK, Beilin LJ: Vegetarian diet, lifestyle and blood pressure in two religious populations. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 1982;9:327-30. See the abstract
78. Ferguson LR, Alley PG: Faecal mutagens from population groups within New Zealand at different risk of colo rectal cancer. In: Mutagens in Our Environment (Sorsa M, Vainio H, eds). New York, 1982, Alan R. Liss, Inc. pp 423-429. See the abstract
79. Nnakwe N, Kies C, Fox HM: Calcium and phosphorus utilization by omnivores and vegetarians. Proceedings of Nebraska Academy of Sciences and Affiliated Societies 1982; 92:29. See the abstract
80. Miller AB. Risk factors from geographic epidemiology for gastrointestinal cancer. Cancer 1982;50(11 Suppl):2533-40. See the abstract
81. Fraser GE, Phillips RL, Harris R: Physical fitness and blood pressure in school children. Circulation 1983; 67:405-412. See the abstract
82. Shultz TD, Leklem JE: Selenium status of vegetarians, nonvegetarians, and hormone-dependent cancer subjects. Am J Clin Nutr 1983; 37:114-118. See the abstract
83. McEndree LS, Kies CV, Fox HM: Iron intake and iron nutritional status of lacto-ovo-vegetarian and omnivore students eating in a lacto-ovo-vegetarian food service. Nutr Rep Int 1983; 27:199-206. See the abstract
84. Marsh AG, Sanchez TV, Chaffee FL, Mayor GH, Mickelsen O: Bone mineral mass in adult lacto-ovo-vegetarian and omnivorous males. Am J Clin Nutr 1983; 37:453-456. See the abstract
85. Phillips RL, Snowdon DA: The association of meat and coffee with cancers of the large bowel, breast, and prostate among Seventh-day Adventists--Preliminary results. Cancer Research 1983; 43(Suppl):2403S-2408S. See the abstract
86. Jensen OM: Cancer risk among Danish male Seventh-day Adventists and other temperance society members. JNCI 1983; 70:1011-1014. See the abstract
87. Rouse IL, Armstrong BK, Beilin LJ: The relationship of blood pressure to diet and lifestyle in two religious groups. J Hypertens 1983; 1:65-71. See the abstract
88. Phillips RL, Snowdon DA, Brin BN: Cancer in vegetarians. In: Environmental Aspects of Cancer--The Role of Macro and Micro Components of Foods (Wynder EL, Leveille GA, Weisburger JH, Livingston EG, eds). Westport, Connecticut, 1983, Food and Nutrition Press. pp 53-72. See the abstract
89. Shultz RD, Leklem JE: Nutrient intake and hormonal status of premenopausal vegetarian Seventh-day Adventists and premenopausal non-vegetarians. Nutrition and Cancer 1983; 4:247-259. See the abstract
90. Snowdon DA: Epidemiology of aging: Seventh-day Adventists--A bellwether for future progress. In: Intervention in the Aging Process (Regelson W, Sinex FM, eds). New York 1983, Alan R. Liss. pp 141-149. See the abstract
91. Shultz TD, Leklem JE: Dietary status of Seventh-day Adventists and nonvegetarians. J Am Diet Assoc 1983; 83:27-33. See the abstract
92. Berkel J, deWaard F: Mortality pattern and life expectancy of Seventh-day Adventists in the Netherlands. Int J Epidemiol 1983; 12:455-459. See the abstract
93. Semmens JB, Rouse IL, Beilin LJ, Masarei JRL: Relationship of plasma HDL-cholesterol to testosterone, estradiol, and sex-hormone-binding globulin levels in men and women. Metabolism 1983; 32:428-432. See the abstract
94. Semmens JB, Rouse IL, Beilin LJ, Masarei JRL: Relationships between age, body weight, physical fitness, and sex-hormone-binding globulin capacity. Clin Chim Acta 1983; 133:295-300. See the abstract
95. Jedrychowski W, Tobiasz-Adamczyk B, Olma A, Gradzikiewics P: Porownani parametrow trwania zycia w grupie czlonkow Kosciola Adwen-tystow Dnia Siodmegio i w populacji ogolnej.(A comparison of life duration parameters in a group of Adventist Church followers and the general population). Polski Tygodnik Lekarski 1983; 32:14-17. See the abstract
96. Abu-Assal M, Craig WJ. The Zinc Status of Pregnant Vegetarian Women. Nutr Rep Int 29 (2): 485-494, 1984. See the abstract
97. Davidson L, Vandongen R, Rouse IL, Beilin LJ, Tunney A: Sex-related differences in resting and stimulated plasma noradrenaline and adrenaline. Clin Science 1983; 67:347-352. See the abstract
98. Böing H, Frentzel-Beyme R. Schützt die Lebensweise von Vegetariern vor einigen Erkrankungen? (Are Vegetarians protected from some Diseases by their Diet?). Akt Ernähr 1983; 8:187-191. See the abstract
99. Rouse IL, Beilin LJ, Armstrong BK, Vando-gen R: Vegetarian diet, blood pressure and car-diovascul-ar risk. Aust NZ J Med 1984; 14:439-43. See the abstract
100. Masarei JRL, Rouse IL, Lynch WJ, Robertson K, Vandongen R, Beilin LJ: Vegetarian diets, lipids and cardiovascular risk. Aust NZ J Med 1983; 14:400-404. See the abstract
101. Shultz TD, Leklem JE: Vitamin B6 status of Seventh-day Adventist vegetarians, nonvegetarians, and hormone dependent cancer subjects. (Abstract) Presented at Federation of the American Society for Experimental Biology Conference, 1984. See the abstract
102. Cooper R, Allen A, Goldberg R, Trevisan M, Van Horn L, Liu K, Steinhaver M, Rubenstein A, Stamler J: Seventh-day Adventist adolescents--lifestyle patterns and cardiovascular risk factors. West J Med 1984; 140:471-477. See the abstract
103. Zollinger TW, Phillips RL, Kuzma JW: Breast cancer survival rates among Seventh-day Adventists and non-Seventh-day Adventists. Am J Epidemiol 1984; 119:503-509. See the abstract
104. Kahn HA, Phillips RL, Snowdon DA, Choi W: Association between reported diet and all-cause mortality. Twenty-one-year follow-up on 27,530 adult Seventh-day Adventists. Am J Epidemiol 1984; 119:775-787. See the abstract
105. Snowdon DA, Phillips RL: Coffee consumption and risk of fatal cancers. Am J Public Health 1984; 74:820-823. See the abstract
106. Snowdon DA, Phillips RL, Choi W. Diet, obesity and risk of fatal prostate cancer. Am J Epidemiol 1984; 120:244-250. See the abstract
107. Calkins BM, Whittaker DJ, Rider AA, Turjman N. Diet, nutrition intake, and metabolism in populations at high and low risk for colon cancer. Population: demographic and anthropometric characteristics. Am J Clin Nutr 1984; 40(Suppl):887-895. See the abstract
108. Calkins BM, Whittaker DJ, Nair PP, Rider AA, Turjman N. Diet, nutrition intake, and metabolism in populations at high and low risk for colon cancer. Am J Clin Nutr 1984;40(Suppl):896-905. See the abstract
109. Rider AA, Calkins BM, Arthur RS, Nair PP: Diet, nutrition intake, and metabolism in populations at high and low risk for colon cancer. Concordance of nutrient information obtained by different methods. Am J Clin Nutr 1984; 40(Suppl):906-913. See the abstract
110. Rider AA, Arthur RS, Calkins BM: Diet, nutrition intake, and metabolism in populations at high and low risk for colon cancer. Laboratory analysis of 3-day composite of food samples. Am J Clin Nutr 1984; 40(Suppl):914-916. See the abstract
111. Rider AA, Arthur RS, Calkins BM, Nair PP: Diet, nutrition intake, and metabolism in populations at high and low risk for colon cancer. Selected biochemical parameters in blood and urine. Am J Clin Nutr 1984; 40(Suppl):917-920. See the abstract
112. Kritchevsky D, Tepper SA, Goodman G: Diet, nutrition intake, and metabolism in populations at high and low risk for colon cancer. Relationship of diet to serum lipids. Am J Clin Nutr 1984; 40(Suppl):921-926. See the abstract
113. Nair PP, Turjman N, Kessie G, Calkins B, Goodman GT, Davidovitz H, Nimmagadda G: Diet, nutrition intake, and metabolism in populations at high and low risk for colon cancer. Dietary cholesterol, B-sitosterol, and stigmasterol. Am J Clin Nutr 1984; 40(Suppl):927-930. See the abstract
114. Nair PP, Turjman N, Goodman GI, Guidry C, Calkins BM: Diet, nutrition intake, and metabolism in populations at high and low risk for colon cancer. Metabolism of neutral sterols. Am J Clin Nutr 1984; 40(Suppl):931-936. See the abstract
115. Turjman N, Goodman GT, Jaeger B, Nair PP: Diet, nutrition intake, and metabolism in populations at high and low risk for colon cancer. Metabolism of bile acids. Am J Clin Nutr 1984; 40(Suppl):937-941. See the abstract
116. Stich HF, Hornby AP, Dunn BP. The effect of dietary factors on Nitrosorpoline levels in human urine. Int J Cancer 1984; 33:625-8. See the abstract
117. Kurup PA, Jayakumari N, Indira M, Kurup GM, Vargheese T, Mathew A, Goodman GT, Calkins BM, Kessie G, Turjman N, Nair PP: Diet, nutrition intake, and metabolism in populations at high and low risk for colon cancer. Composition, intake and excretion of fiber constituents. Am J Clin Nutr 1984; 40(Suppl): 942-6. See the abstract
118. Tepper SA, Goodman GT, Kritchevsky D: Diet, nutrition intake, and metabolism in populations at high and low risk for colon cancer. Binding of bile salts to dietary residues. Am J Clin Nutr 1984; 40(Suppl):947-8. See the abstract
119. Goodman GT, Davidovitz H, Tepper SA, Kritchevsky D: Diet, nutrition intake, and metabolism in populations at high and low risk for colon cancer. Comparison of serum hexoseaminidase levels. Am J Clin Nutr 1984; 40(Suppl):949-951. See the abstract
120. Snowdon DA, Phillips RL, Fraser GE: Meat consumption and fatal ischemic heart disease. Prev Med 1984; 13:490-500. See the abstract
121. Howden GF: The cariostatic effect of betel nut chewing. Papua New Guinea Med J 1984; 27:123-131. See the abstract
122. Nnakwe N, Kies C, McEndree L: Calcium and phosphorus nutritional status of lacto-ovo-vegetarian and omnivore students consuming meals in a lacto-ovo-vegetarian food service. Nut Rep Intl 1984;29:365-9. See the abstract
123. Snowdon DA, Sumbureru D, Kuzma JW: Bereavement and risk of death from major causes among Seventh-day Adventists. (Abstract) Am J Epidemiol 1984; 120:480. See the abstract
124. Hodgkin JE, Abbey DE, Euler G, Magie AR. COPD prevalence in nonsmokers in high and low photo-chemical air pollution areas. Chest 1984;86:830-8. See the abstract
125. Modeste NN, Abbey DE, Hopp JW: Hypertension in a Caribbean population. Intl Quarterly of Commun Health Education 1984-85; 5:203-211. See the abstract
126. Spuehler J, Howie B, Shultz TD: Dietary nutrients and plasma and urinary hormone levels in premenopausal Seventh-day Adventist (SDA) vegetarians. (Abstract) Federation Proc. 1985;44:768. See the abstract
127. Jedrychowski W, Tobiasz-Adamczyk B, Olma A, Gradzikiewicz P: Survival rates among Seventh-day Adventists compared with the general population in Poland. Scand J Soc Med 1985; 23:49-52. See the abstract
128. Halvorsen BA, Svendsen B: Lavere dodelighet av kreft og hjerte- og karsykdommer hos adventister. Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 1985; 24:1620-1625. See the abstract
129. Phillips RL, Snowdon DA: Dietary relationships with fatal colo-rectal cancer among Seventh-day Adventists. J Natl Ca Instit 1985; 74:307-317. See the abstract
130. Snowdon DA, Phillips RL: Does a vegetarian diet reduce the occurrence of diabetes? Am J Public Health 1985; 75:507-512. See the abstract
131. Lipkin M, Uehara K, Winawer S, Sanchez A, Bauer C, Phillips R, Lynch HT, Blattner WA, Fraumeni JF: Seventh-day Adventist vegetarians have a quiescent proliferative activity in colonic mucosa. Cancer Letter 1985; 26:139-144. See the abstract
132. Howie BJ, Shultz TD: Dietary and hormonal interrelationships among vegetarian Seventh-day Adventist and nonvegetarian men. Am J Clin Nutr 1985; 42:127-134. See the abstract
133. Mack TM, Berkel J, Bernstein L, Mack W: Religion and Cancer in Los Angeles County. Natl Ca Institute Monograph 1985; 69:235-245. See the abstract
134. Repace JL, Lowrey AH: A quantitative estimate of nonsmokers' lung cancer risk from passive smoking. Environmental International 1985;11:3-22. See the abstract
135. Snowdon DA: Diet and ovarian cancer. Letter to the Editor. JAMA 1985; 254:356-357. See the abstract
136. Register UD: The Seventh-day Adventist diet and lifestyle and the risk of major degene-rative disease. In: Frontiers in Longevity Research--Applications of Nutritional and Other Discoveries in the Prevention of the Age-Related Disorders (Morin RJ, ed). Springfield, Illinois, 1985, Charles C. Thomas. pp 74-82. See the abstract
137. Shultz TD, Leklem JE. Supplementation and Vitamin B-6 Metabolism. In: Current Topics in Nutrition and Disease. 1985; Vol. 13. Alan R Liss, New York. See the abstract
138. Fønnebø V: The Tromsö heart study: Coronary risk factors in Seventh-day Adventists. Am J Epidemiol 1985; 122:789-793. See the abstract
139. FitzSimmons SC: Familial and environ-mental risk factors for elevated blood pressure in youth. Doctoral Dissertation in Epidemiology. University of California, Berkeley, 1985.
140. Ferguson LR, Alley PG, Gribben BM: DNA-damaging activity in ethanol-soluble fractions of feces from New Zealand groups at varying risks of colorectal cancer. Nutr Cancer 1985; 7:93-
103. See the abstract
141. Hirayama T. Mortality in Japanese with life-styles similar to Seventh-day Adventists: a strategy for risk reduction by life-style modification. Natl Cancer Inst Monogr 1985;69:143-53. See the abstract
142. Melby CL, Hyner GC, Zoog B. Blood pres-sure in vegetarians and non-vegetarians: a cross-sectional analysis. Nutr Res 1985;5:1077-82. See the abstract
143. Linkosalo E, Ohtonen S, Markkanen H. Caries, periodontal status & some salivary factors in lactovegetarians. Scand J Dent Res 1985;93:304-8. See the abstract
144. Stich HF, Hornby AP, Dunn BP: Beta-carotene levels in exfoliated mucosa cells of population groups at low and elevated risk of oral cancer. Int J Cancer 1986; 37:389-393. See the abstract
145. Wulf HC, Iversen AS, Husum B, Niebuhr E: Very low sister-chromatid exchange rate in Sev-enth-day Adventists. Mutat Res 1986; 162:131-135. See the abstract
146. Kuratsune M, Ikeda M, Hayashi T: Epidemiologic studies on possible health effects of intake of pyrolysates of foods, with reference to mortality among Japanese Seventh-day Adventists. Environ Health Perspectives 1986; 67:143-146. See the abstract
147. Phillips RL, Snowdon DA: Mortality among Seventh-day Adventists in relation to dietary habits and lifestyle. In: Plant Proteins: Application, Biologic Effect, and Chemistry (Ory RL, ed). Washington DC, 1986, American Chemical Society. pp 162-174. See the abstract
148. Calkins BM: The consumption of fiber in vegetarians and nonvegetarians. In: Handbook of Dietary Fiber and Nutrition (Spiller G, ed). Boca Raton, Florida, 1986, CRC Press, Inc. pp 407-414. See the abstract
149. Fisher M, Levine PH, Weiner B, Ockene IS, Johnson B, Johnson MH, Natale AM, Vaudreuil CH, Hoogasian J: The effect of vegetarian diets on plasma lipid and platelet levels.Arch Int Med 1986;146:1193-7. See the abstract
150. Mills PK: Dietary relationships to fatal breast cancer among Seventh-day Adventists. Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Texas, School of Public Health, 1986. (Available from University Microfilms International, Ann Arbor, Michigan.)
151. Chan JY. A viewpoint of a Seventh-day Adventist. Aust Fam Physician 1986;15(9):1154. See the abstract
152. Fraser GE, Dysinger PW, Best C, Chan R: IHD risk factors in middle-aged Seventh-day Adventist men and their neighbors. Am J Epidemiol 1987;126:638-46. See the abstract
153. Schultz TD, Leklem JE. Vitamin B6 status and bioavailability in vegetarian women. Am J Clin Nutr 1987;46:647-51. See the abstract
154. Beilin LJ, Margetts BM. Vegetarian Diet and Blood Pressure. Biblthca Cardiol 1987;41:85-105. See the abstract
155. Beilin LJ, Armstrong BK, Margetts BM, Rouse IL, Vandongen R. Vegetarian diet and blood pressure. Nephron 1987;47(Suppl 1):37-41. See the abstract
156. Schultz TD, Wilcox RB, Spuehler JM, Howie BJ. Dietary and hormonal inter-relationships in premonopausal women: evidence for a relationship between dietary nutrients and plasma prolactin levels. Am J Clin Nutr 1987;46:905-11. See the abstract
157. Ringstad J, Fønnebø V: The Tromsö Heart Study: Serum selenium in a low risk population for cardiovascular disease and cancer and matched controls. Ann Clin Res 1987; 19:351-4
158. Scholfield DJ, Behall KM, Bhathena SJ, Kelsay J, Reiser S, Revett KR. A study on Asian Indian and American vegetarians: indications of a racial predisposition to glucose intolerance. Am J Clin Nutr 1987; 46:955-61. See the abstract
159. Morgan JW: Case-control study of vitamin A intake and colorectal cancer in Seventh-day Adventists. Dissertation thesis, Loma Linda University. (submitted to University Microfilms)
160. King C: Factors associated with clinical gall bladder disease among Seventh-day Adventist women. Dissertation thesis, Loma Linda University, 1987.
161. Kissinger DG, Sanchez A: The association of dietary factors with the age of menarche. Nutr Res 1987; 7:471-479. See the abstract
162. Sellers EEB: A prospective longitudinal study of psychosocial variables associated with the incidence of cancer among Seventh-day Adventists. Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Michigan, 1987. (Available from University Microfilms International, Ann Arbor, Michigan.)
163. Euler GL, Abbey DE, Magie AR, Hodgkin JE: Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease symptom effects of long-term cumulative exposure to ambient levels of total suspended particulates and sulfur dioxide in California Seventh-day Adventist residents. Arch Environ Health, July/August 1987: 42,4:213-222. See the abstract
164. Hosken B. Adventists and Longevity. RECORD, January 16, 1988.
165. Linkosalo E. Lactovegetarian diet and dental Health. Dissertation 1988. Univ. of Kuopio, Finland.
166. Mills PK, Annegers JF, Phillips RL: Animal product consumption and subsequent fatal breast cancer risk among Seventh-day Adventists. Am J Epidemiol 1988; 127,3:440-453. See the abstract
167. Fraser GE: Determinants of ischemic heart disease in Seventh-day Adventists: A review. Am J Clin Nutr 1988; 48:833-836. See the abstract
168. Linkosalo E, Halonen P, Markkanen H. Factors related to dental health and some salivary factors in Finnish Seventh-day Adventists. Proc Finn Dent Soc 1988; 84:279-89. See the abstract
169. Mills PK, Beeson WL, Abbey DE, Fraser GE, Phillips RL: Dietary habits and past medical history as related to fatal pancreas cancer risk among Adventists. Cancer 1988; 61:2578-85. See the abstract
170. Linkosalo E, Syrjänen S, Alakuijala P. Sali-vary composition and dental erosions in lacto-ovo-vegetarians. Proc Finn Dent Soc 1988;84:253-60. See the abstract
171. Laidlaw SA, Shultz TD, Cecchino JT, Kopple JD. Plasma and urine taurine levels in vegans. Am J Clin Nutr 1988; 47:660-3. See the abstract
172. Euler GL, Abbey DE, Hodgkin JE, Magie AR: Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease symp-tom effects of long-term cumulative exposure to ambient levels of total oxidants and nitrogen dioxide in California Seventh-day Adventist residents. Arch Environ Health, July/August 1988; 43,4:279-85. See the abstract
173. Linkosalo E, Markkanen S, Alakuijala P. Effects of some commercial health beverages, effervescent vitamin C preparations and berries on human dental enamel. Proc Finn Dent Soc 1988;84:31-38. See the abstract
174. Abbey DE, Euler GL, Moore JK, Petersen F, Hodgkin JE, Magie AR: Applications of a method for setting air quality standards based on epidemiological data. JAPCA 1989; 39:437-45. See the abstract
175. Linkosalo E. Dietary habits and dental health in Finnish Seventh-day Adventists. Proc Finn Dent Soc 1988; 84:109-15. See the abstract
176. Snowdon DA. Animal product consumption and mortality because of all causes combined, coronary heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and cancer in Seventh-day Adventists. Am J Clin Nutr 1988; 48:739-48. See the abstract
177. Schultz TD, Rose DP. Effect of high-fat intake on lactogenic hormone bioactivity in premenopausal women. Am J Clin Nutr 1988; 48:791-4. See the abstract
178. Beilin LJ, Rouse IL, Armstrong BK, Margetts BM, Vandongen R. Vegetarian diet and blood pressure levels: incidental or causal association? Am J Clin Nutr 1988; 48:806-10. See the abstract
179. Fønnebø V. The Tromsö Heart Study: diet, religion, and risk factors for coronary heart disease. Am J Clin Nutr 1988; 48:826-9. See the abstract
180. Marsh AG, Sanchez TV, Michelsen O, Chaf-fee FL, Fagal SM. Vegetarian lifestyle and bone mineral density. Am J Clin Nutr 1988; 48:837-41. See the abstract
181. Tylavsky FA, Anderson JJB. Dietary factors in bone health of elderly lacto-ovo-vegetarian and omnivorous women. Am J Clin Nutr 1988;48:842-9. See the abstract
182. Hunt IF, Murphy NJ, Henderson C. Food and nutrient intake of Seventh-day Adventist women. 1988; Am J Clin Nutr 48:850-1. See the abstract
183. Kelsay JL, Frazier CW, Prather ES, Canary JJ, Clark WM, Powell AS. Impact of variation in carbohydrate intake on mineral utilization by vegetarians. Am J Clin Nutr 1988; 48:875-9. See the abstract
184. Ringstad J, Fønnebø V. The Tromsö Heart Study: Selenium in a low-risk population for cardio-vascular disease and cancer.(Abstract) Am J Clin Nutr 1988; 48:925. See the abstract
185. Thomas EC. Consumption of sodium, iron, and zinc by vegan and lacto-ovo-vegetarian Seventh-day Adventist college students. (Abstract) Am J Clin Nutr 1988; 48:925. See the abstract
186. Snowdon DA, Kane RL, Beeson W, Burke GL, Sprafka JM, Potter J, Iso H, Jacobs DR, Phillips RL. Is Early Natural Menopause a Biologic Marker of Health and Aging? Am J Public Health 1989; 79:709-14. See the abstract
187. Kuzma JW, Lindsted KD: Determinants of long-term (24-year) diet recall ability using a 21-item food frequency questionnaire. Nutr Cancer 1989; 12:151-60. See the abstract
188. Lindsted KD, Kuzma JW: Long-term (24-Year) Recall Reliability in Cancer Cases and Controls Using a 21-Item Food Frequency Questionnaire. Nutr Cancer 1989; 12:135-49. See the abstract
189. Fraser GE, Babaali H. Determinants of High Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol in Middle-Aged Seventh-day Adventist Men and Their Neighbors. Am J Epidemiol 1989; 130:958-65. See the abstract
190. Beeson WL, Mills PK, Phillips RL, Andress M, Fraser GE. Chronic Disease Among Seventh-day Adventists, A Low-Risk Group.Cancer 1989;64:570-81. See the abstract
191. Mills PK, Beeson WL, Phillips RL, Fraser GE. Dietary Habits and Breast Cancer Incidence Among Seventh-day Adventists. Cancer 1989; 64:582-90. See the abstract
192. Mills PK, Beeson WL, Phillips RL, Fraser GE. Prospective Study of Exogenous Hormone Use and Breast Cancer in Seventh-day Adventists. Cancer 1989; 64:591-7. See the abstract
193. Mills PK, Beeson WL, Phillips RL, Fraser GE. Cohort Study of Diet, Lifestyle, and Prostate Cancer in Adventist Men. Cancer 1989; 64:598-604. See the abstract
194. Sabaté-Casellas J. Anthropometric Para-meters in Public School Students and Seventh-day Adventist Vegetarian and Meat-eating Students. DrPH Dissertation, Loma Linda University, 1989. (Available from University Microfilms Inter-national, Ann Arbor, Michigan.) See the abstract
195. Mills PK, Preston-Martin S, Annegers JF, Beeson WL, Phillips RL, Fraser GE. Risk Factors for Tumors of the Brain and Cranial Meninges in Seventh-day Adventists. Neuroepidemiology 1989; 8:266-75. See the abstract
196. Hunt IF, Murphy NJ, Henderson C, Clark VA, Jacobs RM, Johnston PK, Coulson AH. Bone mineral content in postmenopausal women: comparison of omnivores and vegetarians. Am J Clin Nutr 1989; 50:517-23. See the abstract
197. Lombard KA and Mock DM. Biotin nutri-tional status of vegans, lacto-ovo vegetarians, and non-vegetarians. Am J Clin Nutr 1989; 50:486-90. See the abstract
198. Nieman DC, Sherman KM, Arabatzis K, Underwood BC, Barbosa JC, Johnson M, Shultz TD, Lee J. Hematological, Anthropometric, and Metabolic Comparisons Between Vegetarian and Nonvegetarian Elderly Women. Int J Sports Med 1989; 10:243-51. See the abstract
199. Nieman DC, Underwood BC, Sherman KM, Arabatzis K, Barbosa JC, Shultz TD. Dietary status of Seventh-day Adventist vegetarian and non-vegetarian elderly women. J Am Diet Assoc 1989; 89:1763-1769. See the abstract
200. Marsh AG, Christensen DK, Sanchez TV, Mickelsen O, Chaffee FL. Nutrient similarities and differences of older lacto-ovo-vegetarian and omni-vorous women. Nutr Rep Int 1989; 39:19-24. See the abstract
201. Melby CL, Goldflies DG, Hyner GC, Lyle RM. Relation between vegetarian/nonvegetarian diets and blood pressure in back and white adults. Am J Public Health 1989; 79:1283-8. See the abstract
202. Beeson WL, Fraser GE, Mills PK. Valida-tion of record linkage to 2 California population-based tumor registries in a cohort study. Proceedings of the 1989 public health conference on records and statistics. DHHS publication No.(PHS)90-1214,1990, pp.196-201. See the abstract
203. Ross JK, Pusateri DJ, Shultz TD. Dietary and hormonal evaluation of men at different risks for prostate cancer: fiber intake, excretion, and composition, with in vitro evidence for an asso-ciation between steroid hormones and specific fiber components. Am J Clin Nutr 1990; 51:365-70. See the abstract
204. Pusateri DJ, Roth WT, Ross JK, Shultz TD. Dietary and hormonal evaluation of men at differ-ent risks for prostate cancer: plasma and fecal hormone-nutrient interrelationships. Am J Clin Nutr 1990;51: 371-7. See the abstract
205. Snowdon DA. Early Natural Menopause and the Duration of Postmenopausal Life. J Am Geriatr Soc 1990; 38:402-8. See the abstract
206. Fraser GE, Phillips RL, Beeson WL. Hypertension, antihypertensive medication and risk of renal carcinoma in California Seventh-day Advent-ists. Int J Epidemiol 1990; 19(4):832-8. See the abstract
207. Hopkins RJ, Russell RG, O'Donnoghue M, Wasser-man S, Lefkowitz A, Morris JG. Seroprevalence of Helicobacter pylori in SDA and other groups in Maryland. Arch Int Med 1990; 150: 2347-8. See the abstract
208. Mills PK, Newell GR, Beeson WL, Fraser GE, Phillips RL. History of Cigarette Smoking and Risk of Leukemia and Myeloma: Results from the Adventist Health Study. J Natl Cancer Inst 1990; 82:1832-6. See the abstract
209. Sumbureru D. The influence of lifestyle on longevity among black Seventh-day Adventists in California: An epidemiologic approach. DrPH Dissertation, Loma Linda Un iversity, 1988. (Available from University Microfilms International, Ann Arbor, Michigan.) See the abstract
210. Sabaté J, Lindsted KD, Harris RD, Johnston PK. Anthropometric parameters of school-children with different life-styles. Am J Dis Children 1990; 144:1159-63. See the abstract
211. Barbosa JC, Shultz TD, Filley SJ, Nieman DC. The relationship among adiposity, diet, and hormone concentrations in vegetarian and nonvegetarian post-meno-pausal women. Am J Clin Nutr 1990;51:798-803. See the abstract
212. Lindsted K, Kuzma JW. Husband-wife concordance and changes in dietary practices by surviving spouses of cancer cases. Nutr Cancer 1990;13:175-87. See the abstract
212a. Kuzma JW, Lindsted KD. Determinants of eight-year diet recall ability. Epidemiology 1990; 5:386-91
212b. Lindsted KD, Kuzma JW. Reliability of eight-year diet recall in cancer cases and controls. Epidemiology 1990; 5:392-401
213. Murphy FG, Blumenthal DS, Dickson-Smith J, Peay RP. The mortality profile of black Seventh-day Adventists residing in metropolitan Atlanta: a pilot study. Am J Public Health 1990; 80:984-5. See the abstract
214. Mills PK, Beeson WL, Phillips RL, Fraser GE. Bladder cancer in a low risk population: Results from the Adventist Health Study. Am J Epidemiol 1991; 133:230-9. See the abstract
215. Resnicow K, Barone J, Engle A, Miller S, Haley N, Fleming D, Wynder E. Diet and serum lipids in vegan vegetarians: A model for risk reduction. J Am Diet Assoc 1991;91:447-53. See the abstract
216. Lindsted KD, Tonstad S, Kuzma JW. Self-report of physical activity and patterns of mortality in Seventh-day Adventist men. J Clin Epidemiol 1991; 44:355-64. See the abstract
217. Lindsted K, Tonstad S. Body mass index and patterns of mortality among Seventh-day Adventist men. Int J Obesity 1991:15:397-406. See the abstract
218. Fraser GE, Beeson WL, Phillips RL. Diet and lung cancer in California Seventh-day Adventists. Am J Epidemiol 1991; 133:683-93. See the abstract
219. Ullman D, Phillips RL, Beeson WL, Dewey HG, Brin BN, Kuzma JW, Mathews CP, Hirst AE. Cause-specific mortality among physicians with differing life-styles. JAMA 1991; 265:2352-9. See the abstract
220. Sabaté J, Lindsted KD, Harris RD, Sanchez A. Attained height of lacto-ovo vegetarian children and adolescents. Eur J Clin Nutr 1991; 45:51-8. See the abstract
221. Fønnebø V, Helseth A. Cancer Incidence in Norwegian Seventh-day Adventists 1961 to 1986. Cancer 1991; 68:666-71. See the abstract
222. Abbey DE, Mills PK, Petersen FF, Beeson WL. Long-term Ambient Concentrations of Total Suspended Particulates and Oxidants as Related to Incidence of Chronic Disease in California Seventh-day Adventists. Environ Health Perspectives 1991; 94:43-50. See the abstract
223. Mills PK, Abbey D, Beeson WL, Petersen F. Ambient Air Pollution and Cancer in California Seventh-day Adventists. Arch Environ Health 1991; 46:271-280. See the abstract
224. Melby CL, Goldflies DG, Hymer GC. Blood Pressure and Anthropometric differences in regularly exercising and nonexercising black adults. Clin & Exper Hyper-Theory & Practice 1991; 6:1233-48. See the abstract
225. Editorial. Comparative mortality of two college groups, 1945-1983. MMWR 1991; 40:579-82. See the abstract
226. Kurata JH, Nogawa AN, Abbey DE, Petersen F. A Prospective Study of Risk for Peptic Ulcer Disease in Seventh-Day Adventists. Gastro-enterology 1992; 102:902-9. See the abstract
227. Persky VW, Chatterton RT, Van Horn LV, Grant MD, Langenberg P, Marvin J. Hormone levels in vegetarian and nonvegetarian teenage girls: Potential implications for breast cancer risk. Cancer Research 1992;52:578-83. See the abstract
228. Fraser GE, Sabaté J, Beeson WL, Strahan TM. A Possible Protective Effect of Nut Consumption on Risk of Coronary Heart Disease. The Adventist Health Study. Arch Int Med 1992; 152:1416-24. See the abstract
229. Fraser GE, Strahan, TM, Sabaté J, Beeson WL, Kissinger D. Effects of Traditional Coronary Risk Factors on Rates of Incident Coronary Events in a Low Risk Population: The Adventist Health Study. Circulation 1992; 86:406-13. See the abstract
230. Mills PK, Beeson WL, Fraser GE, Phillips RL. Allergy and cancer: Organ site-specific results from the Adventist Health Study. Am J Epidemiol 1992; 136:287-95. See the abstract
231. Fønnebø V. Mortality in Norwegian Seventh-day Adventists 1962-1986. J Clin Epidemiol 45:157-167, 1992. See the abstract
232. Fønnebø V. Coronary risk factors in Norwe-gian Seventh-day Adventists: A study of 247 Seventh-day Adventists and matched controls. Am J Epidemiol 1992; 135:504-8. See the abstract
233. Sabaté J, Llorca C, Sanchez A. Lower height of lacto-ovovegetarian girls at preadolescence: An indicator of physical maturation delay? J Am Diet Assoc 1992; 92:1263-4. See the abstract
234. Lindsted KD, Kuzma JW, Anderson JL. Coffee consumption and cause-specific mortality. J Clin Epidemiol 1992;45:733-42. See the abstract
235. Giem P, Beeson WL, Fraser GE. The Incidence of Dementia and Intake of Animal Products: Preliminary Findings from the Adventist Health Study. Neuroepidemiology 1993; 12:28-36. See the abstract
236. Abbey DE, Petersen F, Mills PK, Beeson WL. Long-term ambient concentrations of total suspended particulates, ozone, and sulfur dioxide and respiratory symptoms in a nonsmoking population. Arch Environ Health 1993; 48:33-46. See the abstract
237. Melby CL, Goldflies DG, Toohey ML. Blood Pressure Differences in Older Black and White Long-Term Vegetarians and Nonvegetarians. J Am Coll Nutrit 1993; 12:262-9. See the abstract
238. Sabaté J. Does nut consumption protect against ischaemic heart disease? Eur J Clin Nutrit 1993; 47:S71-S75. See the abstract
239. Sabaté J, Fraser GE. The probable role of nuts in preventing coronary heart disease. Primary Cardiology 1993;19:65-72. See the abstract
240. Richter A, Yang K, Richter F, Lynch HT, Lipkin M. Morphological and morphometric measurements in colorectal mucosa of subjects at increased risk for colonic neoplasia. Cancer Letters 1993; 74:65-8. See the abstract
241. Sorkin JD, Muller D, Andres R. Body mass index and mortality in Seventh-day Adventist men. A critique and re-analysis. Int J Obesity 1994; 18:752-4. See the abstract
242. Reed JA, Anderson JJB, Tylavsky FA, Gallagher PH, Jr. Comparative changes in radial-bone density of elderly female lactoovovegetarians and omnivores. Am J Clin Nutr 1994; 59:1197S-202S. See the abstract
243. Melby CL, Toohey ML, Cebrick J. Blood pressure and blood lipids among vegetarian, semivegetarian, and nonvegetarian African Americans. Am J Clin Nutr 1994;59:103-9. See the abstract
244. Fraser GE. Diet and coronary heart disease: beyond dietary fats and low-density-lipoprotein cholesterol. Am J Clin Nutr 1994;59:1117S-23S. See the abstract
245. Sabaté J, Fraser GE. Nuts: a new protective food against coronary heart disease. Current Opinion in Lipidology 1994;5:11-16. See the abstract
246. Mills PK, Beeson WL, Phillips RL, Fraser GE. Cancer incidence among California Seventh-day Adventists, 1976-1982. Am J Clin Nutr 1994;59:1136S-42S. See the abstract
247. Knutsen SF. Lifestyle and the use of health services. Am J Clin Nutr 1994;59:1171S-75S. See the abstract
248. Fønnebø V. The healthy Seventh-day Adventist lifestyle: what is the Norwegian experience? Am J Clin Nutr 1994;59:1124S-9S. See the abstract
249. Kuczmarski RJ, Anderson JJ, Koch GG. Correlates of blood pressure in Seventh-day Adventist (SDA) and non-SDA adolescents. J Am Coll Nutr 1994;13:165-73. See the abstract
250. Beilin LJ. Vegetarian and other complex diets, fats, fiber, and hypertension. Am J Clin Nutr 1994;59:1130S-5S. See the abstract
251. Abbey DE, Hwang BL, Burchette RJ, VanCuren T, Mills PK. Estimated Long-term ambient concentrations of PM10 and development of Respiratory Symptoms in a Nonsmoking Population. Arch Environ Hlth 1995;50(2):139-52. See the abstract
252. Abbey DE, Lebowitz MD, Mills PK, Petersen FF, Beeson WL, Burchette RJ. Long-term ambient concentrations of particulates and oxidants and develop-ment of chronic disease in a cohort of non-smoking California residents. Inhalat Toxicol 1995;7:19-34. See the abstract
253. Morgan JW and Singh PN. Diet, Body Mass Index, and Colonic Epithelial Cell Proliferation in a Healthy Population. Nutr Cancer 1995;23:247-257. See the abstract
254. Fraser GE, Lindsted KD, Beeson WL. Effect of Risk Factor Values on Lifetime Risk of and Age at First Coronary Event. Am J Epidemiol 1995; 142:746-58. See the abstract
255. Persky V, Van Horn L. Epidemiology of soy and cancer: Perspectives and directions. J Nutr 1995; 125:709S-12S. See the abstract
256. Toohey L, Harris MA, Allen KGD, Melby CL. Plasma ascorbic acid concentrations are related to cardiovascular risk factors in African-Americans. J Nutr 1996; 126:121-8. See the abstract
257. McAnulty J, Scragg R. Body mass index and cardiovascular risk factors in Pacific Island Polynesian and Europeans in New Zealand. Ethn Health 1996; 3:187-95. See the abstract
258. Sabaté J, Bell HET, Fraser GE. Nut consumption and coronary heart disease risk. In Lipids in Human Nutrition. CRC Press, New York, 1996 (Gene A. Spiller, Ed). See the abstract
259. Hunter DJ, Spiegelman D, Adami HO, Beeson L, Van Den Brandt PA, Folsom AR, Fraser GE, Goldbohm A, Graham S, Howe GR, Kushi LH, Marshall JR, McDermott A, Miller AB, Speizer FE, Wolk A, Yaun SS, Willet W. Cohort studies of fat intake and the risk of breast cancer - A pooled analysis. NEJM 1996;334:356-61. See the abstract
260. Lindsted KD, Fraser GE, Steinkohl M, Beeson WL. Healthy Volunteer Effect in a Cohort Study: Temporal Resolution in the Adventist Health Study. J Clin Epidemiol 1996;49:783-90. See the abstract
261. Collaborative Group on Hormonal Factors in Breast Cancer. Breast cancer and hormonal contraceptives: collaborative reanalysis of individual data on 53,297 women with breast cancer and 100,239 women without breast cancer from 54 epidemio-logical studies. Lancet 1996;347:1713-28. See the abstract
262. Singh PN, Tonstad S, Abbey DE, Fraser GE. Validity of selected physical activity questions in white Seventh-day Adventists and non-Adventists. Med & Science in Sports & Exercise 1996;28:1026-36. See the abstract
263. Fraser GE, Singh PN, Bennett H. Variables associated with cognitive function in elderly California Seventh-day Adventists. Am J Epidemiol 1996; 143:1181-90. See the abstract
264. Collaborative Group on Hormonal Factors in Breast Cancer. Breast cancer and hormonal contracept-ives: Further Results. Contraception 1996;54:1S-106S. See the abstract
265. Pribi_ P. Association between nutrient intake and risk of coronary heart disease in California Seventh-day Adventists. DrPH Dissertation, Loma Linda University, 1996. (Available from University Microfilms International, Ann Arbor, Michigan). See the abstract
266. Fraser GE, Sumbureru D, Pribis P, Neil RL, Frankson MAC. Association among health habits, risk factors, and all-cause mortality in a black California population. Epidemiology 1997;8:168-74. See the abstract
267. Lindsted KD, Singh PN. Body Mass and 26-Year Risk of Mortality among Women who never Smoked: Findings from the Adventist Mortality Study. Am J Epidemiol 1997;146:1-11. See the abstract
268. Fraser GE, Shavlik D. Risk factors, lifetime risk, and age at onset of breast cancer. Ann Epidemiol 1997;7:375-82. See the abstract
269. Fraser GE, Haller-Wade TM, Morrow S. Social support in Seventh-day Adventists and their neighbors. J Religion & Health 1997;36:231-9. See the abstract
270. Fraser GE, Shavlik DJ. Risk factors for all-cause and coronary heart disease mortality in the oldest-old. Arch Intern Med 1997;157:2249-2258. See the abstract
271. Collaborative Group on Hormonal Factors in Breast Cancer. Breast cancer and hormone replacement therapy: collaborative reanalysis of data from 51 epi-demiological studies of 52,705 women with breast cancer and 108,411 women without breast cancer. Lancet 1997;350:1047-59. See the abstract
272. Hopkins GL. An AIDS risk appraisal of students attending Seventh-day Adventist high schools in the United States and Canada. DrPH Dissertation, Loma Linda University, 1997. (Available from University Microfilms Inter-national, Ann Arbor, Michigan). See the abstract
273. Murphy FG, Gwebu E, Braithwaite RL, Green-Goodman D, Brown L. Health values and practices among Seventh-day Adventist. Am J Health Behav 1997; 21(1):43-50. See the abstract
274. Key TJ, Fraser GE, Thorogood M, Appleby PN, Beral V, Reeves G, Burr ML, Chang-Claude J, Frentzel-Beyme R, Kuzma JW, Mann J, McPherson K. Mortalilty in vegetarians and non-vegetarians: a collaborative analysis of 8,300 deaths among 76,000 men and women in five prospective studies. Public Health Nutr 1998;1:33-41. See the abstract
275. Singh PN, Lindsted KD. Body Mass and 26-Year Risk of Mortality from Specific Diseases among Women who Never Smoked. Epidemiology 1998;9:246-54. See the abstract
276. Singh PN, Fraser GE. Dietary risk factors for colon cancer in a low-risk population. Am J Epidemiol 1998;148:761-74. See the abstract
277. Famodu AA, Osilesi O, Makinde YO, Osonuga OA. Blood pressure and blood lipid levels among vegetarian, semi-vegetarian, and non-vegetarian native Africans. Clin Biochem 1998; 31:545-9. See the abstract
278. Lindsted KD, Singh PN. Body mass and 26y risk of mortality among men who never smoked: a re-analysis among men from the Adventist Mortality Study. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 1998; 22:544-8. See the abstract
279. Harman SK, Parnell WR. The nutritional health of New Zealand vegetarian and non-vegetarian Seventh-day Adventists: selected vitamin, mineral and lipid levels. NZ Med J 1998; 111:91-4. See the abstract
280. Hopkins GL, Hopp JW, Marshak HP, Neish C, Rhoads G. AIDS risk among students attending Seventh-day Adventist school, in North America. J Sch Health 1998; 68:141-5. See the abstract
281. Fraser GE, Lindsted KD, Knutsen SF, Beeson WL, Bennett H, Shavlik DJ. The validity of dietary recall over twenty years in California Seventh-day Adventists. Am J Epidemiol 1998;148:810-18. See the abstract
282. Jacobsen BK, Knutsen SF, Fraser GE. Does high soy milk intake reduce prostate cancer incidence? The Adventist Health Study. Cancer Causes & Control 1998;9:553-7. See the abstract
283. Hopkins GL, Hopp JW, Marshak HH, Neish C, Rhoads G. An AIDS-risk assessment of Students attending Christian high schools in the United States of America: A practical application of the theory of planned behavior. J Res Christian Educ 1998;7:91-120. See the abstract
284. Beeson WL, Abbey DE, Knutsen SF. Long-term concentrations of ambient air pollutants and incident lung cancer in California adults: Results from the AHSMOG study. Environ Health Perspect 1998; 106:813-23. See the abstract
285. Toohey ML, Harris MA, Williams DW, Foster G, Schmidt DW, Melby CL. Cardiovascular disease risk factors are lower in African-American vegans compared to lacto-ovo-vegetarians. J Am Coll Nutr 1998;17:425-34. See the abstract
286. Fraser GE, Shavlik DJ. The estimation of lifetime risk and average age at onset of a disease using a multivariate exponential hazard rate model. Statistics in Medicine 1999;18:397-410. See the abstract
287. Jacobsen BK, Knutsen SF, Fraser GE. Age at natural menopause and total mortality and mortality from Ischemic Heart Disease: The Adventist Health Study. J Clin Epidemiol 1999;52:303-7. See the abstract
288. Fraser GE. Nut consumption, lipids, and risk of a coronary event. Clin Cardiol 1999;22 (Suppl III)III-11-III-15. See the abstract
289. Sabaté J. Nut consumption, vegetarian diets, ischemic heart disease risk, and all-cause mortality: evidence from epidemiologic studies. Am J Clin Nutr 1999;70(suppl):500S-3S. See the abstract
290. Key TJ, Fraser GE, Thorogood M, Appleby PN, Beral V, Reeves G, Burr ML, Chang-Claude J, Frentzel-Beyme R, Kuzma JW, Mann J, McPherson K. Mortality in vegetarians and nonvegetarians: detailed findings from a collaborative analysis of 5 prospective studies. Am J
Clin Nutr 1999;70(suppl):516S-24S. See the abstract
291. Fraser GE. Associations between diet and cancer, ischemic heart disease, and all-cause mortality in non-Hispanic white California Seventh-day Adventists. Am J Clin Nutr 1999;70(suppl):532S-8S. See the abstract
292. Hokin BC. Butler T. Cyanocobalamin (vitamin B-12) status in Seventh-day Adventist ministers in Australia. Am J Clin Nutr 1999;70(suppl):576S-8S. See the abstract
293. Singh PN, Lindsted KD, Fraser GE. Body weight and mortality among adults who never smoked. Am J Epidemiol 1999;150:1152-64. See the abstract
294. Fraser GE. Diet as Primordial Prevention in Seventh-day Adventists. Preventive Medicine 1999;29 (Suppl.):S18-S23. See the abstract
295. Key TJ, Davey GK, Appleby PN. Health benefits of a vegetarian diet. Proceedings of the Nutrition Soc. 1999; 58:271-5. See the abstract
296. Park JS, Oh SJ, Kim KS, Ahn SH, Kim YK. Effect of diet and apolipoprotein E (Apo E) polymorphism on the variation of serum lipid profile in Korean males. (written in Korean). Korean Circulation Journal 1999; 29:266-75. See the abstract
297. Famodu AA, Osilesi O, Makinde YO, Osonuga OA, Fakoya TA, Ogunyemi EO, Egbenehkhuere IE. The influence of a vegetarian diet on haemostatic risk factors for cardiovascular disease in Africans. Thromb Res 1999; 95:31-6. See the abstract
298. van den Brandt PA, Spiegelman D, Yaun S-S, Adami H-O, Beeson L, Folsom AR, Fraser G, Goldbohm RA, Graham S, Kushi L, Marshall JR, Miller AB, Rohan T, Smith-Warner SA, Speizer FE, Willett WC, Wolk A, Hunter DJ. A pooled analysis of prospective cohort studies on height, weight and breast cancer risk. Am J Epidemiol 2000; 152:514-27. See the abstract
299. Myint T, Fraser GE, Lindsted KD, Knutsen SF, Hubbard RW, Bennett HW. Urinary 1-methyl histidine is a marker of meat consumption in black and white California Seventh-day Adventists. Am J Epidemiol 2000;152:752-5. See the abstract
300. Singh PN, Fraser GE, Knutsen SF, Lindsted KD, Bennett HW. Validity of a physical activity questionnaire among African-American Seventh-day Adventists. Med & Science in Sports & Exercise 2001;33:468-75. See the abstract
301. Smith-Warner SA, Spiegelman D, Adami HO, Beeson WL, van den Brandt PA, Folsom AR, Fraser GE, Freudenheim JL, Goldbohm RA, Graham S, Kushi LJH, Miller AB, Rohan TE, TE, Speizer FE, Toniolo P, Willett WC, Wolk A, Zeleniuch-Jacquotte A, Hunter DJ. Types of Dietary Fat and Breast Cancer: A Pooled Analysis of Cohort Studies. Int J Cancer 2001;92:767-74. See the abstract
302. Smith-Warner SA, Spiegelman D, Yaun SS, Adami HO, Beeson WL, van den Brandt PA, Folsom AR, Fraser GE, Freudenheim JL, Goldbohm RA, Graham S, Miller AB, Potter JD, Rohan TE, Speizer FE, Toniolo P, Willett WC, Wolk A, Zeleniuch-Jacquotte A, Hunter DJ. Intake of Fruits and Vegetables and Breast Cancer: A Pooled Analysis of Cohort Studies. JAMA 2001;285:769-76. See the abstract
303. Fraser GE, Shavlik DJ. Yen years of life. Is it a matter of choice? Arch Int Med 2001;161:1645-52. See the abstract
304. Knutsen SF, Fraser GE, Lindsted KD, Beeson WL, Shavlik DJ. Validation of assessment of nutrient intake. Comparing biological measurements of Vitamin C, Folate, Alpha-tocopherol and Carotene with 24-hour dietary recall information in non-Hispanic blacks and whites. Annals Epidemiol 2001 (in press). See the abstract
305. Singh PN, Haddad E, Knutsen SF, Fraser GE. The effect of menopause on the relation between weight gain and mortality among women. J North Am Menopause Soc. 2001; 8:314-20. See the abstract
306. Fraser GE, Stram DO. Regression Calibration in Studies with Correlated Variables Measured. Am J Epidemiol 2001:154:836-44. See the abstract
307. Missmer SA, Smith-Warner SA, Spiegelman D, Yaun S-S, Adami H-O, Beeson WL, van den Brandt PA, Fraser GE, Freudenheim JL, Goldbohm RA, Graham S, Kushi LH, Miller AB, Potter JD, Rohan TE, Speizer FE, Toniolo P, Willett WC, Wolk A, Zeleniuch-Jacquotte A, Hunter DJ. Meat and dairy food consumption and breast cancer: a pooled analysis of cohort studies. Int J Epidemiol Asso 2002;31:78-85. See the abstract
308. Chan J, Knutsen SMF, Blix GG, Lee JW, Fraser GE. Water, Other Fluids and Fatal Coronary Heart Disease: The Adventist Health Study. Am J Epidemiol 2002; 155:827-33. See the abstract
309. Smith-Warner SA, Ritz J, Hunter DJ, Albanes D, Beeson WL, Folsom AR, Fraser GE, Freudenheim JL, Giovannucci E, Goldbohm RA, Graham S, Kushi LH, Miller AB, Rohan TE, Speizer FE, Virtamo J, Willett WC. Dietary fat and risk of lung cancer in a pooled analysis of prospective studies. Cancer Epi, Biomarkers & Prev 2002; 11:987-92. See the abstract
310. Collaborative Group on Hormonal Factors in Breast Cancer. Alcohol, tobacco and breast cancer - collaborative reanalysis of individual data from 53 epidemiological studies, including 58515 women with breast cancer and 95067 women without the disease. Brit J Cancer 2002; 87:1234-45. See the abstract
311. Knutsen SF, Fraser GE, Beeson WL, Lindsted KD, Shavlik DJ. Comparison of Adipose Tissue Fatty Acids with Dietary Fatty Acids as Measured by 24-hour Recall and Food Frequency Questionnaire in Black and White Adventists: The Adventist Health Study. Ann Epidemiol 2003; 13:119-27. See the abstract
312. Brathwaite N, Fraser HS, Modeste N, Broome H, King R. Obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and vegetarian status among Seventh-day Adventists in Barbados: Preliminary results. Ethnicity & Disease 2003; 13:34-9. See the abstract
313. Singh PN, Sabaté J, Fraser GE. Does low meat consumption increase life expectancy in humans? Am J Clin Nutrit 2003; 78(suppl):526S-32S. See the abstract
314. Smith-Warner SA, Spiegelman D, Yaun S-S, Albanes D, Beeson WL, Van den Brandt PA, Feskanich D, Folsom AR, Fraser GE, Freudenheim JL, Giovannucci E, Goldbohm RA, Graham S, Kushi LH, Miller AB, Pietinen P, Rohan TE, Speizer FE, Willett WC, Hunter DJ. Fruits, vegetables and lung cancer: A pooled analysis of cohort studies. Int J Cancer 2003; 107:1001-11. See the abstract
315. Willett W. Lessons from dietary studies in Adventists and questions for the future. Am J Clin Nutr 2003; 78:539S-43S. See the abstract
316. Fraser GE, Shavlik DJ. Correlations between estimated and true dietary intakes. 2004; Ann Epidemiol 14:287-95.
317. Herring P, Montgomery S, Yancey AK, Williams D, Fraser G. Understanding the challenges in recruiting blacks to a longitudinal cohort study: The Adventist Health Study. 2004; Ethnicity & Disease 14:423-30.
318. Cho E, Smith-Warner SA, Spiegelman D, Beeson WL, van den Brandt PA, Colditz GA, Folsom R, Fraser GE, Freudenheim JL, Giovannucci E, Goldbohm RA, Graham S, Miller AB, Pietinen P, Potter JD, Rohan TE, Terry P, Toniolo P, Virtanen MJ, Willett WC, Wolk A, Wu K, Yaun S-S. Dairy foods, calcium, and colorectal cancer: A pooled analysis of 10 cohort studies. JNCI 2004; 96:1015-22.
319. Knekt P, Ritz J, Pereira MA, O’Reilly EJ, Augustsson K, Fraser GE, Goldbourt U, Heitmann BL, Hallmans G, Liu S, Pietinen P, Spiegelman D, Stevens J, Virtamo J, Willett WC, Rimm EB and Ascherio A. Antioxidant vitamins ande coronary heart disease risk: a pooled analysis of 9 cohorts. Am J Clin Nutr 2004; 80:1508-20.
320. Fraser GE. A comparison of first event CHD rates in two contrasting California populations. J Nutr Health & Aging 2005; 9:53-58.
321. Koushik A, Hunter DJ, Spiegelman D, Anderson KE, Arslan AA, Beeson WL, van den
Brandt PA, Buring JE, Cerhan JR, Colditz GA, Fraser GE, Freudenheim JL, Genkinter JM, Goldbohm RA, Hankinson SE, Koenig KL, Larsson SC, Leitzmann M, McCullough L, Miller AB, Patel A, Rohan RE, Schatzkin A, Smit E, Willett WC, Wolk A, Zhang SM, Smith-Warner S. Fruits and Vegetables and Ovarian Cancer Risk in a Pooled Analysis of 12 Cohort Studies. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers 2005; 14:2160-7.
322. Bell LS, Butler TL, Herring RP, Yancey AK, Fraser GE. Recruiting Blacks to the Adventist Health Study: Do Follow-up Phone Calls Increase Response Rates? Ann Epidemiol 2005; 15:667-72.
323. Fraser GE, Butler TL, Shavlik D. Correlations between estimated and true dietary intakes. Using two instrumental variables. Ann Epidemiol 2005; 15:509-18.
324. Heuch I, Jacobson BK, Fraser GE. Mortality among Seventh-day Adventists in relation to age at baptism and duration of membership in the church. Is a change to a healthy lifestyle associated with lower mortality rates? J Clin Epidemiol 2005; 58:83-91.
325. Hailu A, Knutsen SF, Fraser GE.. Associations between meat consumption and the prevalence of arthritis and soft tissue disorders in the Adventist Health Study, California, USA. J Nutr Health & Aging; 2006; 10:7-10.
326. Kiani F, Knutsen S, Singh P, Ursin G, Fraser G. Dietary risk factors for ovarian cancer: the Adventist Health Study (United States). Cancer Causes Control 2006; 17:137-46.
327. Genkinger JM, Hunter DJ, Spiegelman D, Anderson KE, Arslan A, Beeson WL, Buring JE, Fraser GE, Freudenheimn JL, Goldbohm RA, Hankinson SE, Jacobs DR, Koushik A, Lacey JV Jr., Larsson SC, Leitzmann M, McCullough ML, Miller AB, Rodriguez C, Rohan TE, Schouten LJ, Shore R, Smit E, Wolk A, Zhang SM, Smith-Warner SA. Dairy Products and Ovarian Cancer: A Pooled Analysis of 12 Cohort Studies. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2006; 15:364-72.
328. Genkinger JM, Hunter DJ, Spiegelman D, Anderson KE, Beeson WL, Buring JE, Colditz GA, Fraser GE, Freudenheim JL, Goldbohm RA, Hankinson SE, Koenig KL, Larsson SC, Leitzmann M, McCullough ML, Miller AB, Rodriguez C, Rohan TE, Ross JA, Schatzkin A, Schouten LJ, Smit E, Willett WC, Wolk A, Zeleniuch-Jacquotte A, Zhang S, Smith-Warner SA. A pooled analysis of 12 cohort studies of dietary fat, cholesterol and egg intake and ovarian cancer. Cancer Causes & Control 2006; 17:273-85.
329 Akbar JA, Jaceldo-Siegl K, Fraser G, Herring P, Yancey A. The Contribution of Soul and Caribbean Foods to Nutrient Intake in a Sample of Blacks of US and Caribbean Descent in the Adventist Health Study-2: A Pilot Study. Ethnicity & Disease 2007; 17:239-44.
330. Fraser G and Yan, Ru. Guided Multiple Imputation of Missing Data: Using a Subsample to Strengthen the Missing-at-Random Assumption. Epidemiology 2007; 18:246-52.
331. Thorpe D, Knutsen SF, Beeson WL, Fraser GE. The effect of vigorous physical activity and risk of wrist fracture over 25 years in a low-risk survivor cohort. J Bone & Mineral Metabolism, 2007; 24:476-83.
332. Fraser GE, Yan R. A multivariate method for measurement error correction using pairs of concentration biomarkers. Ann Epidemiol 2007; 17:64-73.
333. Butler TL, Fraser GE, Beeson WL, Knutsen SF, Herring RP, Chan J, Sabate J, Montgomery S, Haddad, E, Preston-Martin S, Bennett H, Jaceldo-Siegl K. Cohort profile: The Adventist Health Study-2 (AHS-2). Int J Epidemiol 2007; 1-6
334. Montgomery S, Herring P, Yancey A, Beeson L, Butler T, Knutsen S, Sabate J, Chan J, Preston-Martin S, Fraser G. Comparing Self-reported Disease Outcomes, Diet, and Lifestyles in a National Cohort of Black and White Seventh-day Adventists. Prev. Chronic Disease 2007; 4(3)A62.
335. Chan J, Knutsen SF, Sabate J, Haddad E, Yan R, Fraser GE. Feasibility of Running Clinics to Collect Biological Specimens in a Nationwide Cohort Study - Adventist Health Study-2. Ann Epidemiol 2007; 17:454-7.
336. Modeste NN, Brathwaite N, Fraser HS, Toh SW. Exercise, blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol levels in a Caribbean population. 2007; Int’l Quarterly of Community Health Education. 27(1):75-86.
337. Schouten LJ, Rivera C, Hunter DJ, Spiegelman D, Adami H-O, Arslan A, Beeson WL, van den Brandt PA, Buring JE, Folsom AR, Fraser GE, Freudenheim JL, Goldbohm RA, Hankinson SE, Lacey, Jr. JV, Leitzmann M, Lukanova A, Marshall JR, Miller AB, Patel AV, Rodriguez C, Rohan TE, Ross JA, Wolk A, Zhang SM, Smith-Warner SA. Height, Body Mass Index and Ovarian Cancer: A pooled analysis of 12 cohort studies. Cancer Epidemiol, Biomarkers and Prevention. 2008; 17:902-12.
338. Yancey AK, Herring RP, Fraser GE, Yan R, Baker P, Lampkin A, Kyle J. Black art posters, an incentive to increase study enrollment among Blacks in a large cohort study. Prev Med 2008; 46:370-73.
339. Jaceldo-Siegl K, Fraser GE, Chan J, Franke A, Sabate J. Validation of soy protein estimates from a food-frequency questionnaire with repeated 24-h recalls and isoflavonoid excretion in overnight urine in a Western population with a wide range of soy intakes. Am J Clin Nutr 2008; 87:1422-7.
340. Thorpe DL, Knutsen SF, Beeson WL, Rajaram S and Fraser GE. Effects of meat consumption and vegetarian diet on risk of wrist fracture over 25 years in a cohort study of peri- and postmenopausal women. Public Health Nutr 2008; 11(6): 564-72.
341. Lee JW, Morton KR, Walters J, Bellinger DL, Butler TL, Wilson C, Walsh E, Ellison CG, McKenzie MM, Fraser GE. Cohort Profile: The biopsychosocial religion and health study (BRHS). Int J Epidemiol 2008; doi: 10.1093/ije/dyn244
342. Slaviček J, Kittnar O, Fraser GE, Medová E, Konečna J, Žižka R, Dohnalová A, Novák V. Lifestyle decreases risk factors for cardiovascular diseases. Cent Eur J Public Health 2008; 16(4): 161-4. PMID: 19256282
343. Fraser GE, Yan R, Butler TL, Jaceldo-Siegl K, Beeson WL. Missing Data in a Long Food Frequency Questionnaire: Are Imputed Zeroes Correct? Epidemiology 2009; 20:289-94.
344. Tonstad S, Butler T, Yan R, Fraser GE. Type of vegetarian diet, body weight, and prevalence of Type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care 2009; 32:102.
345. Jacobsen BK, Oda K, Knutsen SF, Fraser GE. Age at menarche, total mortality and mortality from ischemic heart disease and stroke. The Adventist Health Study, 1976-1988. Int J Epidemiol 2009; 38(1):245-52. PMID: 19188208
346. Jakobsen MU, O'Reilly EJ, Heitmann BL, Pereira MA, Bälter K, Fraser GE, Goldbourt U, Hallmans G, Knekt P, Liu S, Pietinen P, Spiegelman D, Stevens J, Virtamo J, Willett WC, Ascherio A. Major types of dietary fat and risk of coronary heart disease; a pooled analysis of 11 cohort studies. Am J Clin Nutr 2009; 89(5):1425-32. Epub 2009 Feb 11.
347. Chan J, Jaceldo-Siegl K, Fraser GE. Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D status of vegetarians, partial vegetarians, and nonvegetarians: the Adventist Health Study-2. Am J Clin Nutr 2009; 89(suppl): 1686S-92S.
348. Newell M, Modeste N, Marshak HH, Wilson C. Health beliefs and the prevention of hypertension in a Black population living in London. Ethnicity & Disease 2009; 19:35-41.
349. Fraser GE. Vegetarian diets: What do we know of their effects on common chronic diseases? Am J Clin Nutr 2009; 89(suppl):1S-6S.
350. Jaceldo-Siegl K, Knutsen SF, Sabate J, Beeson WL, Chan J, Herring RP, Butler TL, Haddad E, Bennett H, Montgomery S, Sharma SS, Oda K, Fraser GE. Validation of nutrient intake using a food-frequency questionnaire and repeated 24-hour recalls in Black and White subjects of the Adventist Health Study-2 (AHS-2. Am J Epidemiol 2009; (submitted for publication)
351. Lampkin A, Yancey A, Wilson C, Fraser GE. Regional differences in attitudes that may affect health behavior and willingness to participate in research among Black Seventh-day Adventists: the South and the West. Ethnicity & Disease 2009 (accepted for publication)
352. Haviland MG, Morton KR, Oda K, Fraser GE. Traumatic experiences, major life stressors, and self-reporting a physician-given fibromyalgia diagnosis. Psychiatry Research 2009 (accepted for publication)