The Loma Linda University Office of Public Health Practice and Workforce Development (LLU-OPHP) strives to enhance the capacity of the emerging and existing public health workforce to meaningfully engage in the public health practice issues of our time.
We promote community-engaged scholarship (CES) as our primary method to address and solve our partner’s service delivery and public health challenges. To this end, we collaborate with professional and lay communities throughout the Western United States and Pacific Rim by providing technical assistance to state, local and tribal governments in numerous practice areas, including:
- Public Health Preparedness
- Environmental Health Services Capacity Building
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Technical Support
- Program Evaluation
- Service Delivery Needs Assessments
- Training and Educational Workshops