Several tuition reduction options may be available to you depending on your situation:
- Employees - Some institutions, including many Seventh-day Adventist entities, provide benefit-eligible employees with tuition reduction or assistance. This often applies to the employee and his or her spouse and dependents. Check with your employer to see if this benefit is available in your situation.
- Peace Corps volunteers -Students who volunteer with the Peace Corps receive funding while serving, as well as a stipend at the end of their tour. Students with outstanding student loans may also defer repayment while volunteering, and some Perkins loans may even be reduced altogether. Check the Peace Corps web site for more information, and see our Peace Corps pages for our program information.
- Recruiting new students - Students at LLU School of Public Health are eligible for tuition reduction when they recruit new students. If a current student has encouraged you to come to LLU SPH, give them a tuition break by naming them.
Admissions - Scholarships
SPH Awards and Scholarships
Inquire with the Admissions Office about the following:
- Crawford Family Scholarship
Descriptions of the following awards and scholarships can be found on page 793 of the Loma Linda University Catalog:
- Hulda Crooks Research Grant
- Selman Andrews Scholarship
- Becky Hushman Award
- Callicott-Register Award
- President’s Award
- Charlie Liu Award
- Dean’s Award
- Delta Omega Award
- Glen Blix Award
- Jeanne Weissman Research Award
- Ruth White Award
- Williard and Irene Humpal Award
External Awards & Scholarships
- North American Division Graduate Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- North American Division Regional Scholarship
- North American Division Women’s Ministries Scholarship Fund
Scholarship Search Website
The U.S. government provides aid to students who demonstrate need. They fund the federal work-study program, as well as various loans and grants. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required to be considered for any funding. Complete the online application at fafsa.ed.gov.
Army ROTC (Reserve Officers' Training Corps)
Army ROTC scholarships help students pay their tuition and other expenses while training to become an officer.
Department of Veterans Affairs offers tuition assistance to eligible students. Visit their web site for more information and to see if you qualify.